Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
That's 3 on the bounce on the official match day threads, let's hope I can replicate my 15 match unbeaten run from the last season at withdean. :)

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Can't wait till we have a free injury squad. Don't want to say it but with the whole squad back then maybe, just maybe :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's lively and troublesome, but he reminds me a bit of Noone in that he has no end product - his finishing is woeful!

That's why he's with us though.

If he had end product, he'd be playing for Cardiff week in week out in the Premiership.

On another note, I think the Garcia is doing a bloody good job getting this side within touching distance of the play-offs. Considering 5 of the 6 players you'd expect to be starting up front and in midfield have been absent for the majority of the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This season, with countless injuries, we have played away at all the sides relegated from the Premier League last season, picked up five points and not conceded a goal.

Pretty good ain't it

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Has anyone got the Holt sitter clip or know anyway I can see it? I want to see it now and not tonight on the football league show. I missed it as went outside for a smoke only to come back in and see us score.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If i'm honest, throughout the first half i thought we were going to be taken to the cleaners; just Wigan's awful finishing stopping that.

However, great 2nd half performance. Thought Bruno & Ince looked particularly good and JFC looked good when under pressure - a lot of maturity for a young lad.

Very good 3 points.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has anyone got the Holt sitter clip or know anyway I can see it? I want to see it now and not tonight on the football league show. I missed it as went outside for a smoke only to come back in and see us score.

Watching GG faff about , Holt waltz in and take the ball off him and with Kuszczak off his line out of position it was a 99.99% certainty of a goal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If i'm honest, throughout the first half i thought we were going to be taken to the cleaners; just Wigan's awful finishing stopping that.

However, great 2nd half performance. Thought Bruno & Ince looked particularly good and JFC looked good when under pressure - a lot of maturity for a young lad.

Very good 3 points.

Both sides were a bit scrappy in the 1st half , us defending and them attacking. We held our own more in the 2nd half and the game opened up after we scored. This was a ground out victory.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This season, with countless injuries, we have played away at all the sides relegated from the Premier League last season, picked up five points and not conceded a goal.
Whilst we have had a lot of our 'better' players out with injuries ..excluding the right back we have had a settled back five.. Upson/Greer/Tom ever present and Ward hasn't missed a game since he signed.. Its given us a sound base

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now we have the same points as we did at the equivalent point last season, and one point more than the equivalent point the season before.
We're doin' alright.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Can I just say, I came back from the pub having over-done it a bit. Predictably slept through the game, and dreamed we had lost 1-0. Very pleased to see that I was wrong.

Can`t argue with the form at the moment. Statto.com says we are the meanest team in the Championship away from home.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
From the stream we looked absolutely brilliant in the 2nd half. Barnes was first to everything, Ince was creative and destructive. A match winning save from Kooosh & David back to something like his best. Just Greer's mistake and Bruno's alternating greatness & sloppyness to moan about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here