Wigan Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We look a bit dodgy at the back to me. they seem to get down the wings too easily, and are getting too many crosses in. Bruno is walking a tightrope. Ince is giving the ball away too easily but I guess that's mainly inexperience.

They've had the best chances but we all know what happens if you don't tke your chances.

An early goal in the second half please (for us!), soak up the pressure for a while and then a winner 10 minutes from time. You heard it here first.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
0-0 away to Wigan would be a good result just feel we could be playing so much better, hope we click into gear soon with the players coming back. Not bad to be where we are with the injuries shame as we could have been will in the running.

On another note please drop Bruno and David both have been hopeless this season and don't sound much better today.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pro foul is one match ban, is it not?

Well, it depends on what they mean by professional foul. Because "professional foul" isn't in the laws of the game. If they mean "denying a goal scoring opportunity" yes, that's a one game ban. If they meant a violent foul it would be three. I initially went to the foul in my mind, but now you mention it, that does tend to be what people say when they mean denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Almost every second half has started with either a goal or a close shave/terrible miss for the opposition. Can we please buck the trend today and resume on the front foot?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We look a bit dodgy at the back to me. they seem to get down the wings too easily, and are getting too many crosses in. Bruno is walking a tightrope. Ince is giving the ball away too easily but I guess that's mainly inexperience.

They've had the best chances but we all know what happens if you don't tke your chances.

An early goal in the second half please (for us!), soak up the pressure for a while and then a winner 10 minutes from time. You heard it here first.

We look a bit dodgy because Wigan know how to play at a higher level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds like we're losing from some of the comments. Wigan haven't been beaten at home this season and it's 0-0 at half time.

Bridcutt on ASAP for me to bring more authority to the midfield and to get match fitness. Lita (leaving Barnes on) and Orlandi at some stage too.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bridcutt for Ince at half time
Calde for Bruno at half time (Bruno is a walking red card)
Orlandi for Dave after 65 minutes if needed

Top one at 60 mins.
Second won't happen, sadly.
Would expect that one around 75 mins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports