Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Widescreen tv advice sought

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I have a 28" Widescreen Phillips tv which I've had for 3-4 years. I got Sky + about 18 months ago. Since I came back off my summer hols last year the picture has been too big for the screen. For instance on Sky Sports News I can't see the ticker-tape bar at the bottom of the page. I've tried changing the settings on my Sky by going into Picture Settings to no avail. I also have a button on the remote which allows me to change between 4:3, 16:9 and Widescreen but it's still too big for the screen. A mate mentioned something about a scart setting. Has anyone got any ideas/advice?

Check your settings on the Sky+ box. If it's like the V+ and NTL boxes there's a settings option for output-sounds like yours is set on 16:3 zoom.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Settings shouldn't change themselves should they? Did you let anyone have access to your TV when you were away cos if you did, sounds like they had a play around.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
I've tried picture settings. I can only get 4:3, 4:3L & 16:9. Doesn't seem to make any difference. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Motogull said:
Settings shouldn't change themselves should they? Did you let anyone have access to your TV when you were away cos if you did, sounds like they had a play around.

no everything switched off for two weeks.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Jambo Seagull said:
no everything switched off for two weeks.

Has switching it off for so long restored the equipment to some factory default settings? Maybe backup power having failed? Odd default, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here