Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why won't Microsoft let you download Internet Explorer7?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
A 2 second search on the Microsoft website and I found this.

Not that hard

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
erm... it does link to IE7, you just have to select which version. where you confused by the big banner for IE8 at the top?

and Firefox loses badly here, absolute pain in the arse getting the old version.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Maybe you should try and ascertain my point, which is to highlight how Microsoft sends you round in circles on their site. The link I quoted leads you to an IE7 section on this page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/ie7/

Under "get IE7" it invites you to choose your operating system which I couldn't do as XP Home SP2 isn't listed. Clicking on "go" just returns you to the original page.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Maybe you should try and ascertain my point, which is to highlight how Microsoft sends you round in circles on their site. The link I quoted leads you to an IE7 section on this page

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/ie7/

Under "get IE7" it invites you to choose your operating system which I couldn't do as XP Home SP2 isn't listed. Clicking on "go" just returns you to the original page.

uuummmmm I see the list and can download IE7......

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
without using google, try and find version 2.0 (even that didnt work for a while after v3 was released). they do exactly the same, try to get you to download the latest version and send you round the houses for olderr ones.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
without using google, try and find version 2.0 (even that didnt work for a while after v3 was released). they do exactly the same, try to get you to download the latest version and send you round the houses for olderr ones.

whats the point in that? if you want an older version use google to find it, no point in making your life harder is there :shrug:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
im kinda of the opinion you shouldnt have to use another site or search engine to find something. theres no actual "older versions" link as there is with IE. im an Firefox fan, but they fail here. i dont want to upgrade, dont see why i should have to when installing a new system.

and using third parties to download software isnt the cleverest advice.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
well if you want to make your life harder then go ahead mate :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
well i do, but sadly they make it even harder than MS do with IE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here