Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why? Why? Why?

We are where we deserve to be. It irritates me that people say we're better than the table suggests - WE'RE NOT. We only have three players who are truly a credit to the shirt - our keeper and two strikers. The defence is a bit better than it was but still suffers from having Eeyore Elphick in it hoofing at every opportunity. And as for the midfield, well words cannot explain how bad we are in that area. I think Gus has made a royal f*** up of the transfer window and I genuinely think we're going down. No doubt that makes me a negative defeatist, but I prefer to think of it as realism.

A little harsh I would say, but a reality check is needed by a number of Albion fans. Our captain saved us again last night & has scored a number of key goals this season. What we clearly lack is quality. The squad is bloated. A good 10 players should be rid. Why are we looking at bringing in a non league striker. Surely if we have aspirations we should be buying championship players?

I think that we will stay up as we do have a large squad, but will be near the bottom for the next month or so. All rather depressing & familiar with last season. I see little on the horizon for anything other than another hard season next year too!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The key thing is that we did not lose last night, whereas a few months ago we would have done. There is some flight in the team. At the start of teh season we were the team that would concede goals in teh last 5 min, now we are the ones who score then. Attitude is better, but we are no where near the finished article. I think the defence is much better, so we should only need to score 1 or 2 to win, not 4 or 5! Midfield, not there yet, up front should be good enough, but too many are not converted.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Since Wilkins left, we have probably spent about 4 weeks higher than 15th in the Third Division league table

It is true, and Wilkins was a good bloke and the league table doesn't lie and all that, but we were so lucky to finish 7th - we were just as dire that season as we have been since, but got a good deal of luck. I know you make your own luck and all that stuff, but I still don't understand how we finished 7th

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Historicially, we have two default positions; somewhere near the top of the third tier of English football; and somewhere near the bottom of the third tier of English football. Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose, n'est ce pas?

It is true, and Wilkins was a good bloke and the league table doesn't lie and all that, but we were so lucky to finish 7th - we were just as dire that season as we have been since, but got a good deal of luck. I know you make your own luck and all that stuff, but I still don't understand how we finished 7th

We finished 7th in the league for the same reason that our one & only decent season in the top flight was successful - playing boring football.

Nothing wrong in playing defensive footie, holding out for a 1-0 win, however it is not entertaining & the crowd want attacking play.

Just like under Wilkins, the Chairman Mike Bamber sacked Mike Bailey as the crowds were falling away.

The rest as they say is history...........

Also the table doesn't lie at the end of the season. We reached 7th on meit. Currently we are a bottom 5 side & deserve to be. I suspect that after Millwall beat us on Saturday, that we will be back in the drop zone

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick

We finished 7th because we were difficult to beat !! the defence did not give away easy goals like it has done for the last two seasons.

Hopefully it loooks like we have a settled back 4 now, we will always score goals with Muzza & Fozzie up front so we should win a few more in the 2nd half of this season

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
At least we are harder to beat now.I forecast a draw last night,in a game that was never going to be as easy as it may have looked on paper.Long way to go until we have a team capable of going for promotion,but I feel very confident that we will pull away from the drop zone and comfortably avoid relegation.
Not sure about signing nonleague players,but you never know.However,if we are serious about getting promotion next season,my God there are going to have to be some damn' good signings made in the summer....and a few shipped out!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We were a team when we came 7th, youth players who knew each other with some added experience (Forster) and some quality loan players. Since Adams it has been a merry go round of players and we have hardly had the same team in consecutive games. Poyet is trying to sort that and while results are not great they are getting better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here