Why why and why again - Dennis Wise?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Don't think Slade should be given a long term contract as that is asking for trouble. More than likely I would hope we get him on a one year rolling contract if he agrees and, if we have a good season next year then try and tie him down to a longer contract.

If we give him four years and it all goes tits up then we will have to pay him off and another big dent in the coffers.

Give him two years

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Via a phone call before I looked at NSC smart arse :wave:

Pretty pissed off it it turns out to be true.:censored:

It would have to be a pretty comprehensive U-turn on Dick's part to bring in Dennis Wise. Not just because Russell Slade is obviously the fans' choice at present, but also I don't think he has too much time for him.

Still, hopefully some will be lobbying him tonight along just those lines.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It would have to be a pretty comprehensive U-turn on Dick's part to bring in Dennis Wise. Not just because Russell Slade is obviously the fans' choice at present, but also I don't think he has too much time for him.

Still, hopefully some will be lobbying him tonight along just those lines.

Strong, strong talk tonight. Three different (Fairly) reliable sources saying the same - Knight is out, Bloom in bringing Stevens and Lloyd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant believe that Ray Bloom, who makes more u turns than a dodgem car, would become chairman and if he did (a) would he be the ideal chairman (b) would the other board members not consider Slade after what he has achieved.

Do not ask me who or when but I believe the day that DK moves on will be when somebody not associated with the club now buys it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be seriously disillusioned with this club if Wise was appointed; in fact, my support would be very half-hearted until he went and I'd get much more interested in the two clubs who's results I look for after the Albions's - Liverpool and Forest Green. Would love to see Gary Stevens as a manager here one day, but not now when we've already got the right man in charge.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You'd have to question the motives of the board for either of the appointments mentioned on this thread, it would drive a much bigger wedge between the board and fans than the re-appointment of MA. Total madness..imo and total bollocks I hope.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You'd have to question the motives of the board for either of the appointments mentioned on this thread, it would drive a much bigger wedge between the board and fans than the re-appointment of MA. Total madness..imo and total bollocks I hope.

I don't know whether any of this is true. As I said earlier in the thread, rumours have a way of starting in the most ridiculous of circumstances.

However, as a move by the club, neither rumour makes sense - both were strongly dismissed last night as 'absolute rubbish' by someone at the club who should know - and I for one have trouble believing it in the first place.

I too suspect - without knowing - that it's total bollocks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm pretty sure the Dennis Wise "rumour" started on here, the Stevens/LLoyd stuff came from Ian Hart's comments on the radio.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wise / Grease rumours both seem to keep bobbing back up to the surface, but I can't imagine it has any truth in it whatsoever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Remember Kanchelskis ???
Oh, and Maradona, too, or was it Ardiles, oh, and don't forget Richard Branston, anyone else?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I don't believe this. Why would the board want to get rid of Slade, especially if we end up staying up? And why with Falmer not yet finished would Knight stand aside now? It just doesn't make any sense.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at it from Knight's position. He's worked hard all his life, made his pile, he's in his early 70s. Do you:

a) Accept the board's offer of Life Presidency, take a bit of a backseat and enjoy semi-retirement, or
b) Face another year of shit from the fans, players and (possibly) some of the board.

The Micky Adams / Dean Wilkins farce showed that Knight's judgement was questionable. For a bloke of 70-odd he don't 'arf meddle!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Look at it from Knight's position. He's worked hard all his life, made his pile, he's in his early 70s. Do you:

a) Accept the board's offer of Life Presidency,

Has the board made that offer then? I haven't read anything about it.

Also, what do you mean "look at it from Knights position". I don't know what his "position" is apart from he is the Chairman of the club, and works very hard at it. But I do have the opportunity to speak to Knight on a regular basis, as do many others, and he doesn't come across in the least bit interested in stepping down, or stopping being the Chairman of BHA, he loves it.

or is there something I have missed?

David Gold?

Jay Jay Okocha?

I for one would think long and hard about renewing my ST if Wise was manager. In fact, if anyone but Russell Slade gets it, I'd have my doubts about whether the board have the club's best interests at heart.

Slade has deserved it. He's shown that by getting us to the point we are now. Let's not backstab 2 managers in consecutive seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports