Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why was that such hard work?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nope, next question.
Although your response is flippant, I'm sure we would be disappointed to miss out on goal difference.

I felt they were very poor and if Wilson had played we would have won by more, they were dreadfully slow at the back.

Wish I had your confidence [emoji3]

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Bolton looked there for the taking in the first 10 mins and never really looked dangerous - and if it wasn't for Stockdale it could easily have been a draw.

Why was that such hard work?
Because we do not have a decent striker yet again this season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Although your response is flippant, I'm sure we would be disappointed to miss out on goal difference.

I felt they were very poor and if Wilson had played we would have won by more, they were dreadfully slow at the back.

Why is it flippant? Because you deem it so? It is very much as it was meant, 'nope'... do you have another question? You asked, I answered, in, as always, my own very humble opinion. GD is something I stopped worrying about a long time ago when I realised we will not compete on that front. Three points sit more comfortable than +25, whatever happens come May.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some of the defending was shaken BUT at the same time I thought the 2 centre halves & Bruno had very good games. Funny old game football - maybe our midfield didn't defend that well but again I didn't think anyone had a bad game at all :shrug: Credit to Bolton who fought hard. Wolves were worse than Bolton in the game here IMO yet we lost that one - weird league!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FC

I think our goal difference in so inferior to the others in the top six, except maybe Derby, that we stand no chance of pulling it back over the rest of the season, so I don't think it's something to worry about. If we finish level on points with any of the top 6 teams we will be placed below them.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Reading this makes me laugh.....worse goal difference amidst the others, need more goals, let in too many. We are top 6 ffs and last season we almost got relegated. Cheer the f@@k up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Reading this makes me laugh.....worse goal difference amidst the others, need more goals, let in too many. We are top 6 ffs and last season we almost got relegated. Cheer the f@@k up.

Just a discussion, not a case of 'cheer the f@@k up'. I remember how galling it was to miss out on GD in 77/78.
[emoji2]

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It was an odd game, somehow couldn't believe we weren't going to win even when 2-2 and Stockdale facing 1 on 1. That comes from the confidence of excellent technical players showing admirable skill going forward. Would have been 3-1 at HT if not for great save end first half, and their second equalizer was a tad fortunate to squeeze through so many players.

Complacent defending at times makes games closer than should be, but adds to excitement.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It was an odd game, somehow couldn't believe we weren't going to win even when 2-2 and Stockdale facing 1 on 1. That comes from the confidence of excellent technical players showing admirable skill going forward. Would have been 3-1 at HT if not for great save end first half, and their second equalizer was a tad fortunate to squeeze through so many players.

Complacent defending at times makes games closer than should be, but adds to excitement.

Can't agree more, welcome to my camp, brandy at midnight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why is it flippant? Because you deem it so? It is very much as it was meant, 'nope'... do you have another question? You asked, I answered, in, as always, my own very humble opinion. GD is something I stopped worrying about a long time ago when I realised we will not compete on that front. Three points sit more comfortable than +25, whatever happens come May.

Mainly because you offered nothing in return, which IMO is a little flippant, it is of course a discussion forum [emoji1]

Of course you are right 3 points is better than +25, but would be nice to have both of course. A couple of 3 or 4-0 victories would be good.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Mainly because you offered nothing in return, which IMO is a little flippant, it is of course a discussion forum [emoji1]

Of course you are right 3 points is better than +25, but would be nice to have both of course. A couple of 3 or 4-0 victories would be good.

Ok I am being a little flippant, but that is because I am seeing some seriously ridiculous scenarios, as an old git I have been on the ride many a time and it ain't worth getting grey over it (I am grey now, but not because of my beloved BHA). For what it's worth, we are play off favourites and auto outsiders. But I also like the more sensible silly comments because, as you say, it is a discussion forum, and after many a Guinness it seems right.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ok I am being a little flippant, but that is because I am seeing some seriously ridiculous scenarios, as an old git I have been on the ride many a time and it ain't worth getting grey over it (I am grey now, but not because of my beloved BHA). For what it's worth, we are play off favourites and auto outsiders. But I also like the more sensible silly comments because, as you say, it is a discussion forum, and after many a Guinness it seems right.

[emoji106] you'll remember the 77/78 Spurs and Soton carve up then?

The idea of play-off's isn't the most attractive, though at the start of the season would have taken it......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[emoji106] you'll remember the 77/78 Spurs and Soton carve up then?

The idea of play-off's isn't the most attractive, though at the start of the season would have taken it......

I remember it like yesterday, I remember being at the Blackpool game and getting what we thought were thumbs up from the commentator, who's name escapes me (Bobin?) from the gantry in the East Stand saying Spurs had scored and Nobby asking us in the north stand what the score was at the Dell. Us saying it was 0-1 to the teapots. But with a different system in points it is a different era. We may draw on points but it isn't worth worrying about, we aren't going to suddenly set the league alight with a series of 5-0's. Go with the ride, it usually is a once in a lifetime.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Our defence continues to look quite fragile, but credit to Bolton, we've seen far worse visiting teams this season. Thought their number 15 did a half-decent job of frustrating Knockaert who couldn't quite manage to wriggle his way through on goal. On another day he'd have run AMOK. Nevermind. Onwards and upwards!

Just shows what happens when we dont look to manage the game when in the lead. We looked far more vunerable than in Brentford game whete some were calling for us to attack more. The game becomes far too stretched and the defense is exposed and looks les secure. Still no doubt the moaners from last week are thrilled that we ate back to only winning by a goal and being just a Stockdale save away from pissibly losing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here