Why so inflexible

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Small beer compared to the on field shambles but had a poor experience on Saturday. I usually sit with my ten year old son in the South Stand (season tickets) but he was at a party so couldn't come. Therefore decided to take my six year old instead.

Sadly he didn't find the football very interesting (shrewd judge for one so young!) and was fidgeting and kicking the seats in front (not intentionally) to the irritation of those spectators.

At half time I walked with him to the main concourse area and explained to a lady steward that my son was upsetting other supporters and could we sit in the (two thirds empty) family stand for the second half where his antics would go un-noticed. The steward wasn't in the least bit interested, simply reading from her script "No transfers allowed" and ushered us on our way.

So we then decided we would leave and trudged off home.

Like I say no lives were lost but why so inflexible?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Small beer compared to the on field shambles but had a poor experience on Saturday. I usually sit with my ten year old son in the South Stand (season tickets) but he was at a party so couldn't come. Therefore decided to take my six year old instead.

Sadly he didn't find the football very interesting (shrewd judge for one so young!) and was fidgeting and kicking the seats in front (not intentionally) to the irritation of those spectators.

At half time I walked with him to the main concourse area and explained to a lady steward that my son was upsetting other supporters and could we sit in the (two thirds empty) family stand for the second half where his antics would go un-noticed. The steward wasn't in the least bit interested, simply reading from her script "No transfers allowed" and ushered us on our way.

So we then decided we would leave and trudged off home.

Like I say no lives were lost but why so inflexible?

Why so dumb? You could just have gone and sat there.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's really pathetic of the steward. Complete and utter jobsworth. Cue the inevitable defence by the NSC resident stewards on some bullshit "health and safety"/"anti-terrorism"/"we know it's bollocks but we get off on being petty like this" excuses.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Stuff like that makes my blood boil..!!!! :rant:

The thing is, its pot luck too. You could have spoken to a different steward and they would have probably let you through.

Or you could have spoken to the same one a good day and they would have let you through..

Jobsworth Fcukin Cnuts !!!

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
I actually picked a lady thinking she might be sympathetic but no such luck!!

I thought about asking another steward but to be honest I just couldn't be bothered....

Jul 7, 2003
You can't get to the family stand from the south stand entrance except via the running track or through the family stand turnstiles.

Yes you can - there is a gate at the side of the South Stand entrances that lets you through into that area.

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
That's right - his only previous match was 0-0 v Bristol Rovers last season:laugh:

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I actually picked a lady thinking she might be sympathetic but no such luck!!

I thought about asking another steward but to be honest I just couldn't be bothered....
most 'lady' stewards i have seen are as lady like as tony o'shea.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
this may be small beer compared with the club's plight but it's something the club can do something about without it costing any money or much effort. There are so many little things that could be put right to give the fans a better "match day experience" (God, I hate that phrase!) or better opinion of the club.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
There were a couple of comments on harty's show about the searching of fans again. Still, with the war in gaza, it's only to be expected.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ezzoud, you're dead right, and many less considerate people than you wouldn't have asked to move anyway. I'd write and complain, it seems totally ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports