Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why promotion is bad for Albion

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The last few days has shown many of our supporters are unable to cope with decisions made by elite Premier League Referees ..... for their sanity and well being it's best we give the Prem a miss. #together

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
This is madness. Would you really want to miss out on away days at Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley, Boro and have to make do with Villa Park, St James'Park etc ?

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I was wondering actually if you guys would invest if you went up. What's the likelihood?

We spent just £6m in 2012/13 and it wasn't a particularly enjoyable season. We actually ended up playing most of the season with a left back who ended up in League Two six months later. The fact we didn't finish bottom is a testament to how shocking QPR are...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was wondering actually if you guys would invest if you went up. What's the likelihood?

We spent just £6m in 2012/13 and it wasn't a particularly enjoyable season. We actually ended up playing most of the season with a left back who ended up in League Two six months later. The fact we didn't finish bottom is a testament to how shocking QPR are...
The official line is that it is so hard to get up that the club would invest enough to stay there rather than have to do it all over again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Tony Bloom is pretty shrewd, we'd make good use of overseas scouting I would imagine.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The board will be infected by them up the road, every game comparing our result to theirs, comparing squads etc... And for those 2 games......it will be like a plague of rats on here.

A guaranteed Monday night game at The Riverside.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Being inundated with a stream of vague acquaintances who now profess to be your bestest mate, oh and by the way can you get me a ticket for the Chelsea/ManU/Arsenal/ManCity* match please

* delete as applicable

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The board will be infected by them up the road, every game comparing our result to theirs, comparing squads etc... And for those 2 games......it will be like a plague of rats on here.

A guaranteed Monday night game at The Riverside.
Nobody wants that when we can have a Tuesday night at St James Park

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Following last night's horror show and shocking bad luck, any short-termist glory hunters will dissipate over the close season.

Albion's loss will be Chelsea's gain.....or more to the point, West Ham's new shiny stadium will no doubt prove a magnet for the disingenuous few....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I enjoy the chase, the chase of possible promotion is far more exciting than fighting relegation

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I enjoy the chase, the chase of possible promotion is far more exciting than fighting relegation

Very good point. Cheered me up. Who would you have rather followed this season, Boro, Brighton, Burnley, or Villa, Norwich, Newcastle?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here