Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why no palace p1ss take thread ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy New Year All x

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They might score with every shot on target they have. But I’d still back us to put away more of the huge amount of chances we’ll surely create against them.
Nah as @Jeremiah says, they've got 2 cup finals left this season and nothing else.

More chance of beating Liverpool than them.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Since this guy tweeted this hilario joke, we’ve scored 14 goals in 4 games. Someone ought to thank him for improving our, already decent, goal scoring record this season.

His tweet after the Stains loss today was even funnier

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’ll all be okay,

They’re going to make a banner.

That’ll teach the Yanks.😂😂😂😒😂
B5346D61-F0AB-44BD-84EC-043B1EE994FA.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"We've settled for mediocrity for too long"

Really?

- They're in the Premier League for a ninth consecutive season - their longest stint in the top flight.

- Their worst finish in their eight completed Premier League seasons is 14th. They've finished 11th on four occasions. They've never accrued fewer than 40 points. Annoying as it is, they've never really been under threat of relegation at the business end of any season.

- They've reached the FA Cup final once, and the semi-final on another occasion.

- They've bought multiple players, such as Benteke, Sakho, Guehi and Doucoure for well over £20m.

Is that really a tale of mediocrity?

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
"We've settled for mediocrity for too long"

Really?

- They're in the Premier League for a ninth consecutive season - their longest stint in the top flight.

- Their worst finish in their eight completed Premier League season is 14th. They've finished 11th on four occasions. They've never accrued fewer than 40 points. Annoying as it is, they've never really been under threat of relegation at the business end of any season.

- They've reached the FA Cup final once, and the semi-final on another occasion.

- They've bought multiple players, such as Benteke, Sakho, Guehi and Doucoure for well over £20m.

Is that really a tale of mediocrity?
“reached”? They won the bloody thing, I remember the celebrations.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Evening all.

What a delicious feast of football this weekend. And if you want a little nightcap to help you sleep even better, consider the next 10 fixtures of that lot from SE27…

Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Man Utd
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brentford v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Manchester City
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

And very likely that there will be our rearranged game at The Amex at some stage during that run too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Evening all.

What a delicious feast of football this weekend. And if you want a little nightcap to help you sleep even better, consider the next 10 fixtures of that lot from SE27…

Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Man Utd
Crystal Palace v Newcastle United
Manchester United v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion
Brentford v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Liverpool
Aston Villa v Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace v Manchester City
Arsenal v Crystal Palace

And very likely that there will be our rearranged game at The Amex at some stage during that run too.
Important to remember that Palace tend to be better against the good teams than the ones they expect to beat. At least that's how it is in my mind. They've done City over a couple of times. Liverpool don't look great currently, and Chelsea are useless, with a manager who has never beaten Palace in several attempts.

Also agree with @Bozza re the sheer ingratitude of their fans. Prior to this current streak, they'd won a small cluster of games and despite being largely ugly and boring all season, weren't far behind us at all (somehow). Yet they lose a few and suddenly it's all "We expect better than this". Better than what? Most of their existence, like ours, has been spent in lower divisions than this. They float pointlessly around the PL for nine or ten seasons and suddenly they expect to be challenging for titles?

I wonder if a lot of this is down to us. Above them in the table, on a fairly regular basis these days, playing football that has people talking, and with a young, vibrant squad that other clubs are eying with considerable envy. That was them until recently. I thought they were supposed to have that sort of squad, with Eze, Olise and others, but they don't seem to have kicked on. Is that down to Vieira's tactics, man management perhaps? Hope so anyway. Then again I don't want them to sack him because firstly he's doing a pleasingly mediocre job right now, and secondly because I still have that nagging thought in my mind of what happens when Chelsea fire Potter and Palace decide that's the optimum moment to get rid of Vieira...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here