Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why is there a circle around the centre spot on a football pitch?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you mad the law changed in 2016
So? The law has changed.

The kick off no longer has to travel forwards. The rules around the quadrants at the corners, the centre circle and the D haven't changed neither have their purposes - which is what I was explaining to people who didn't seem to know.

No, I'm not mad, so what is your (worthwhile) point? The centre circle still has the same purpose and function as ever. It marks the area into which the opponents cannot enter until the ball is in play/has been hit. Problem with that?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So? The law has changed.

The kick off no longer has to travel forwards. The rules around the quadrants at the corners, the centre circle and the D haven't changed neither have their purposes - which is what I was explaining to people who didn't seem to know.

No, I'm not mad, so what is your (worthwhile) point? The centre circle still has the same purpose and function as ever. It marks the area into which the opponents cannot enter until the ball is in play/has been hit. Problem with that?
His point was that you implied the change to the kick off rule was this season when it's been like that for 7 years!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So? The law has changed.

None at all as I explained the fact in my post.

You appear a tad angry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here