Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is lemon curd so cheap?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I love absolutely anything involving lemons really, It's probably my fave fruit. Everything from the slice of lemon in my G & T, through to, and including, lemon sherbert sweeties.

I have recently discovered Yeo Valley Lemon Curd yoghurt. Its blimmin lovely (other brands are [probably] available)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Compared to other spreads and preserves lemon curd is dirt cheap
Normally about 50p a jar and is lushious with toast and butter

Because you only buy the cheap stuff! As an aficionado, I prefer Tesco Finest Lemon Curd at about £1.65 a jar.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I do have strange taste buds. I can do the onion too, and eat whole chillies raw. Don't ask, I don't know!!

I'm like that, can do a jar of pickled onions easy. Got a rucking of the Doctor when a teenager for mouth ulcers caused by my "acidic" tooth. Weird thing is although i love lemons I couldn't stand lemon curd as a kid.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I personally don't like lemon preserve on my toast.....it's just a curd to me!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
One man's meat .....

Sorry, but any foodstuff that forces you to scrunch your face up and wince in discomfort is just WRONG.

Give me crunchy peanut butter over lemon turd any day .....

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Make your own lemon curd as we do, it's very easy and you will never taste any better! OK we're lucky with unlimited supplies of lemons, but if you love the stuff give it a go;

LEMON CURD – MICROWAVE

Makes 1 500 gram jar

3 eggs
225 grams (7.1/2 oz) sugar (We use about 180 grams (6 ozs) as we prefer a sharper taste)
Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
4 fluid ozs lemon juice

2 litre microwave safe jug/bowl

Beat eggs and sugar well in jug, add rest of ingredients and mix well

Microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Everything will come together in the last 2 minutes.

Keep refrigerated.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lemonmisu from the Co-op. Recommended but addictive. Made with Lemon Curd and cream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here