Why is i-tunes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
So shit?

Been give an ipod touch. Didn't need a new mp3 player really ,but hey ho it's a gift and an improvement on my old creative. Trying to upload some music, but getting frustrated by i-tunes attempts to sync with my wifes i-phone apps and music. I-tunes keeps resetting to sync all apps, really expected better from apple.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
So shit?

Been give an ipod touch. Didn't need a new mp3 player really ,but hey ho it's a gift and an improvement on my old creative. Trying to upload some music, but getting frustrated by i-tunes attempts to sync with my wifes i-phone apps and music. I-tunes keeps resetting to sync all apps, really expected better from apple.

You can edit sync options by clicking on the mini ipod that appears in the left bar and then either turning to manual sync or going along the tabs to applications and disabling application syncing.. IMO Itunes is immense, it is my music hub in my home and once you get used to it works a treat.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You could try CopyTrans, does the job well too, but to be honest, when you get used to iTunes, you'll be fine. It is a pretty sophisticated and powerful program

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
iTunes is by roughly a billion miles the best media player there is. Just takes about 15-20 seconds of getting used to, that's all.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
You could try CopyTrans, does the job well too, but to be honest, when you get used to iTunes, you'll be fine. It is a pretty sophisticated and powerful program

I'm sure once you're used to it it's fine, but initially it's a bit shit, not particularly helpful.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
iTunes is by roughly a billion miles the best media player there is. Just takes about 15-20 seconds of getting used to, that's all.

Really? I found it a piston in the arse, winamp its far superior as is media monkey

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

no, it's not.

Don't like to get involved in apple vs pc binfests but iTunes is rubbish. Am quite happy using my iPod (apart from the shitty hold button :angry: ) but iTunes is pants.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Are you sure it's not YOU that is a bit shit?

That was my first thought. I was thinking come on Scampi, you must be doing something wrong here, but no, it's just i-tunes isn't that intuitive. I've used applications that are much better for new users (and of course some that are worse).

I guess the thing is i was thinking, it's apple, their fans always go on about how good they are, they always go on about how good they are, this'll be easy. Well to be honest the experience so far is average.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
No. But as all things Apple you can buy a small attachment that gives radio functionality. Or you can access various radio stations through apps via wi-fi

Thats a shame, i'll need to keep my creative for the portable radio then.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh and does the ipod touch have a radio?

It has wi-fi, so you can access internet radio. The newer ones (3rd Gen) also have an FM sender/receiver, so have the hardware to be a radio, but the software that runs the radio hasn't been released yet.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That was my first thought. I was thinking come on Scampi, you must be doing something wrong here, but no, it's just i-tunes isn't that intuitive. I've used applications that are much better for new users (and of course some that are worse).

I guess the thing is i was thinking, it's apple, their fans always go on about how good they are, they always go on about how good they are, this'll be easy. Well to be honest the experience so far is average.

Fair enough.

I'm no slave to Apple - quite the opposite actually, but I do like itunes.

Make sure you have the latest version on your PC as this allows you to sync more than one device to the library.

As someone has said, make sure you tick the box that says you want to sync only selected playlists and it will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports