Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why is Dunk consistently overlooked by England?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s official, Southgate is a useless cretin.

He has left out the most on form centre back we have and yet picked the total fraud Mings who is not even a proven premier league player yet and Gomez who has hardly played this season and been rubbish when he has. Total joke.

Palace wanker.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

He has left out the most on form centre back we have and yet picked the total fraud Mings who is not even a proven premier league player yet and Gomez who has hardly played this season and been rubbish when he has. Total joke.

Palace wanker.

I hope dunky runs rings around maguire on Sunday now even more than before

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Palace wanker.

Why on earth have we got so little experience at centre back. ****ed off with this whole Dunk thing now. I think I’ll be passing on England for the time being.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Villa fans will be asking the same about Grealish.

Who would be a football manager?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Said it before, Southgate is a very poor manager who had unbelievably easy run in the World Cup and still fooked it. can’t beat any semi decent teams and shocking at the back! How can you pick Stones?
This is why I couldn’t give a toss about England!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Genuinely laughable now.

Maguire- Fair enough, although can argue Dunk is in better form
Gomez- Not playing
Mings- Erratic
Stones- Not been playing. Has made numerous errors, dropped by City and only back in for one game because of injures
Tomori- Great pace, positionally still a lot to work one. Chelsea can't keep clean sheets

Southgate has made a rod for his own back claiming he was going to pick players on form and not the same names.

I can only think Dunk must have seriously struggled in training on his last call-up because by pretty much every conceivable metric this season he should be in the squad.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Villa fans will be asking the same about Grealish.

Who would be a football manager?

Yep, so the 2 times either Southgate or his assistant watched Villa play recently (v us and Liverpool) they were there to watch Mings?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good from a selfish perspective, but feel bad for Dunk, he’s been unbelievable just lately.

It’s all good Southgate can do no wrong, because we beat Sweden in a World Cup quarter final. Utter rubbish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Gomez - talented, but rarely starts PL matches.
Mings - continued flavour of the month for GS, he was never going to be dropped after his brave & eloquent stand against racists. But he’s still error prone, Villa fans still go on about this.
Stones - injury prone, always a big error in his game, Guardiola avoids him unless as a last resort.

Dunk - in the form of his life against an array of PL opponents, he can play as well.

Pathetic by Southgate on this.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
At least Keane isn't in the squad! Don't really see how Stones, Gomez and Mings are better options though. I genuinely think he is avoiding Dunk on purpose.

I also think Grealish should absolutely be in the team if he isn't injured. Far better footballer than Barkley, Rice or Henderson, albeit playing in a slightly different position granted.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Palace **** born in Crawley... what do we expect?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuinely baffled by that.

There is no genuine excuse for John Stones being in the squad ahead of Lewis Dunk right now.

As much as I like Tomori and think Mings looked decent on his England debut, they're also both weaker CBs than Dunk with less PL experience.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic news

Everyone who goes and plays for the international side cones back injured as the England set up especially are cretins

Means he gets a rest so he is fresh for us.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Fantastic news

Everyone who goes and plays for the international side cones back injured as the England set up especially are cretins

Means he gets a rest so he is fresh for us.

For us great news for Dunk not so .
Clearly now proves the **** in charge has an issue with dunk /Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Genuinely baffled by that.

There is no genuine excuse for John Stones being in the squad ahead of Lewis Dunk right now.

As much as I like Tomori and think Mings looked decent on his England debut, they're also both weaker CBs than Dunk with less PL experience.

Its hard to argue too much with Mings as he is a left footed centre half I believe, none of the others are that gives him a little edge I guess, And Tomori no problem being a young lad playing great at Chelsea.

But as you say, Stones hasn't kicked a ball in a while and Dunk is in superb form.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The squad is a joke, I know some people on here feel quite connected with the England squad over the last couple of years but personally, I think the squad is a steaming pile and the performances of the team are drab and uninteresting. Southgate's a joke in my opinion, riding the wave of the World Cup where England were pretty rubbish but snuck through based on penalties (atleast it made a nice change!) and then since we've only had one properly good result, 3-2 in Spain.

England are a no for me, at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here