Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Butland at Barnsley??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought he made a couple of great saves last night (as he did for Birmingham against us last season), but as importantly, he totally commanded his box, caught every cross, and distributed the ball really well.

I thought at first he was scuffing his kicks out, and that their flat low trajectory was an error, but after a while I realised they were all quite deliberately aimed at certain players.

In contrast, TK's kicking this season has been worse than I can remember at any point since he's been here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thought he made a couple of great saves last night (as he did for Birmingham against us last season), but as importantly, he totally commanded his box, caught every cross, and distributed the ball really well.

I thought at first he was scuffing his kicks out, and that their flat low trajectory was an error, but after a while I realised they were all quite deliberately aimed at certain players.

In contrast, TK's kicking this season has been worse than I can remember at any point since he's been here.

Agree with all of that, looked very comfortable with the ball at his feet as well. Commanding performance and a big part of why Barnsley won. Slowed it down well too. In fact I thought he looked like a high quality Casper

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
He's a top class keeper, particularly for his age.

I also thought his distribution was very good.

Main reasons we though he's at somewhere like Barnsley -

First team footballs
Going to be pretty busy every game!

Without him we probably would have won.
Three very very good saves. Particluarly from Buckley near the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here