Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why is Best picked rather than O'Grady?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I dont go to away games anymore so havent seen Stephens in his come back do people think he is ready to start?

He looked full of energy when he came on but his passing wasn't great. Will take time to get back to full match sharpness.

Re COG not starting, I was surprised when I saw the line up but I think CH wanted a more mobile CF playing to test the Wednesday CBs for pace. He did get around the pitch pretty well and linked up play. I expect when we need more of a 'hold it up' player then COG will start. Eg next home game.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I dont go to away games anymore so havent seen Stephens in his come back do people think he is ready to start?

He looked very sharp against Cardiff and hungry, mostly made the right decisions and in his only chance on goal completely wrong-footed the defender and went for an audacious lob over the keeper. Apart from our clean sheet, he was the best news on the night.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Really think COG has done enough to deserve a run in the teamon. He committed himself to us and showed real guts and enthusiasm. Im getting worried now that time is running out. The next three games will be critical. We need at least 5 points from them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Really think COG has done enough to deserve a run in the teamon. He committed himself to us and showed real guts and enthusiasm. Im getting worried now that time is running out. The next three games will be critical. We need at least 5 points from them.

Forest failure to win means I think we need 6 pts (next 3 games) to make 49 pts (before the last 3 games). Looks like Albion or Millwall already.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
There would not seem to be ANY compelling reason to bring Best in. Before joining us he had scored 6 (yes, that's SIX) goals in 43 Championship games.

Not done anything much to improve that record has he? When he came on against Forest he just seemed to get in the way.

I'd much rather start with COG; at least he is a BHAFC player who has committed himself to the club, rather than another money-grabbing loanee.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There would not seem to be ANY compelling reason to bring Best in. Before joining us he had scored 6 (yes, that's SIX) goals in 43 Championship games.

Not done anything much to improve that record has he? When he came on against Forest he just seemed to get in the way.

I'd much rather start with COG; at least he is a BHAFC player who has committed himself to the club, rather than another money-grabbing loanee.

I don't see Best as a money grabbing loanee (he'd still be getting paid whatever) but I am bothered that CH brings him in and seemingly decided to put him in excepting anything short of a miracle from COG.

If, as both Best and CH have been saying "Best needs game time" I'm not sure lobbing him into the starting line up is a sensible approach when we are desperate for points. Appreciate the DS isn't the same level but it's game time, and surely Best should "prove" himself before walking into the team

Maybe it was something to do with the tactics for Cardiff and Wed but I'd be really disappointed to see COG benched for Brum.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
None of our strikers, including O'Grady, have looked like scoring in recent games. I think Best has started recently to try and bring him up to match fitness thereby giving Hughton more "choice" of forwards in the relegation run-in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here