Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why I seriously believe Albion can attain promotion through the play-offs this time!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Different expectations this year for me. Last year I really thought it was our year, especially going on that great run at the end and all set up for us to utterly humiliate Palace..and look how that ended.

This season I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make the playoffs, I'll class it as a bonus! If we go out at the same stage again I will not be any where near as upset as last time.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Different expectations this year for me. Last year I really thought it was our year, especially going on that great run at the end and all set up for us to utterly humiliate Palace..and look how that ended.

This season I'll be pleasantly surprised if we make the playoffs, I'll class it as a bonus! If we go out at the same stage again I will not be any where near as upset as last time.

You're kidding yourself. Easy to say that now when we haven't seemed to be good enough to mix it with those in the play-off spots above us all season. Now it's looking like it really could happen.
We have momentum and a mostly fit squad, which is very different to the likes of Forest and QPR.
Those emotions and expectations will be just the same as last year if we get there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In all honesty I really don't care one way or the other. We're pretty competitive in the Championship, we're bringing through a few youngsters from the U21's, the crowds are good, the standard of football is acceptable.

The PL has its own attractions, playing the top teams mainly, but I happy with our lot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wy? Because alone of the sides who look to get that "third berth" the Albion squad have the experience - and the incentive - to get through the play-off traumas.
Firstly, we may not even make the top 6 - it will be an achievement if we do. And if we get there, I'd expect Wigan to be favourites. They know how to win one off cup games, and they will have a ton of Wembley experience.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All I can say is I hope the OP has got it right. Making the PL and staying there is very advantageous on so many levels, not least the financial one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
All I can say is I hope the OP has got it right. Making the PL and staying there is very advantageous on so many levels, not least the financial one.
Advantageous to who? Certainly not the fans.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
For someone who lists the following in their profile...

About Danny-Boy
First Albion game:
Favourite Albion player:
Danny Wilson
Best Albion experience:
4-4 against Orient 1997

...how are you not an Albion fan in some way?

Well... I thought I ought to put something in the boxes. First game at Selhurst v THe Unspeakables, saw Danny Wilson take Palace apart in about 1985 at the Goldstone and have followed his career in the game since, and the 4-4? Well I went to the game as Shilts was supposed to be playing, born 1949 as I was, but of course he didn't play; Butch Wilkins did, and the rest is history..

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Well he was on about a game at Castle Greyskull earlier this season. And there's no reason to go to that hovel unless you're a Palace (or away) fan. He was also doing a bit of trolling, pretending to be a disgruntled Albion fan, until he was rumbled.

I've never been gruntled in the first place. And PRETEND to be an Albion fan? I do have bouts of weakness... I mean sympathy for the Weed. I gave away an Albion scarf a lol knitted me a few years ago, it nearly caused me grief in George St Wetherspoons once in the Mothertown.

I have family and friend links to Brentford, and I enjoy sanding to watch a match. No doubt when Griffin Park is demolished I shall shed a tear.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're kidding yourself. Easy to say that now when we haven't seemed to be good enough to mix it with those in the play-off spots above us all season. Now it's looking like it really could happen.
We have momentum and a mostly fit squad, which is very different to the likes of Forest and QPR.
Those emotions and expectations will be just the same as last year if we get there.

They will be up until the games. But if we get knocked out, I will be FAR more relaxed about it than last year. Oscar WILL be staying and we'll be BETTER next season. Last season we weren't sure that Gus was staying, and it was all a massive implosion. We can go at these Playoffs with a FAR better mindset.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The only certainty is that if we do make the play offs we will have a manager in the dug out that will be up for it and want us to win, not an egotistical, sulking, half wit who could not care less about the team, fans and club.
I would love to see Oscar take us to the play offs in his first season with The Albion and English football he deserves it I think he has been superb.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
OK. I'm a bit confused as to how he's got 3000 posts on NSC, lists a first albion game, a favourite albion player and was at the 4-4 in '97 and yet claims he's not an Albion fan. Bit of a stalker and far too curious not to be an Albion fan surely?

I doubt many Brighton fans could similarly list first Palace games, favourite players and favourite experiences etc. Just seems a bit odd-ball.

Well my favourite palace game was the 3-0 defeat at Brighton last season. My favourite palace player? I guess it would have to be Speroni for letting in three goals away at Brighton last season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a hope in hell of getting into the top 6 let alone winning the playoffs, some people need to look at the league table before they CHIRP up

Beat Ipswich tomorrow and we're pretty much assured of a top EIGHT finish. Something to build on shirley?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll look at the table after the run of 3 tricky aways at Blackburn, Barnsley and Leicester, and only then make an assessment of our chances of a top 6 finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here