Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why have we struggled

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Although I'm very much Hughton in, the fact is that the rest of the league have worked us out.
Hughton has limited resources at his disposal and he alone cannot compensate for that.

There is nothing wrong with his defence first approach, but without genuine pace on the counter we will stay at this level (or lower)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Shit signings last summer?

Made even worse during the January transfer window, how many other clubs handicapped their manager by making him play with a smaller squad than the rest of the division

That one player, be him a midfielder, winger or striker could have contributed to a few more points and higher finishing position, which in turn brinrgs in more money. Look at Palace investment in Batshuyi (sp) and how that one signing changed their season, which paid for itself with the money gained from their final league position

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The first few seasons in the Premier League are all about survival. Bournemouth have been up for 4 seasons, have spent millions more than us and only finished 3 places above us.

Have they spent vastly more than us? Once you take Defoe out of the equation their wages aren't particularly different either

They might have only finished 3 places above us but they were never troubled by relegation and played a brand of football that we can only dream of

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Ryan has not been the same keeper since that meaningless tournament. He needs to sort it out. I can’t remember the last time he made a real save.

You sound like my Dad when he reckons the wifi has stopped working because he put two sugars in his coffee by mistake.

.... then when I go round I find out that the wifi is working perfectly and he doesn't know what he's on about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ryan has not been the same keeper since that meaningless tournament. He needs to sort it out. I can’t remember the last time he made a real save.

I saw him dive on a ball taking it off Aguero's boot just yesterday afternoon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here