Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have Watford not sold out?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Its not hard to understand that the semi-finals have not sold out,they are being shown on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're going to keep banging your armchair-based drum, aren't you?
If you think watching a game on telly is the equivalent of being there..well, I give up really. Why are you here?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I see the OP's point. It is an indictment if any of the play off contenders cannot sell out their home leg for what is their biggest game in years after being around the play off places most of the season and with so much at stake for the future of the Clubs.

The Albion seem to deliberately drip feed the release of tickets in limited numbers right up to the last minute and I guess at worst we will be at or within a gnats of our max capacity, minus any segregation requirements.

If Watford and dare I say even Palace (wash my mouth out) make it to the Prem then it does not bode well for their crowd figures, especially as they may well be the whipping boys for the rest of the Prem. I guess it doesn't help that they lack decent facilities either and every chance the fans will be asked to stump up Prem ticket prices. I suppose having all that Prem/Sky money will cushion the lack of fans and atmosphere, but will be a sad indictment when they only have a modest crowd capacity..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's quite simple. Times are a bit difficult and Watford's ground is crap. Many people won't pay modern ticket prices for those facilities anymore.

Watford will easily sell out for Wembley. Like us, they have had periods where their gates have been big so they're all that different. For example, when we played them at their place in 1984 (FA Cup 5th round) they had 28,000 in. Give them a shiny new ground and Watford will get 20,000 in most weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here