Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have the white British left London ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The wealthy white folk have come to Brighton and f***ing ruined it. What used to be a pleasent, AFFORDABLE, multicultural and forward thinking town has now been transformed into commuter belt nightmare dominated by trendy white parents looking for property in the golden triangle and forcing up house prices. What was once affably shabby is now still shabby but only because the council spend all their time looking after the new wealthy residents and their parking requirements etc. My home has been invaded and ruined by the enemy of the UK. White, wealthy and wet.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Loving this game of London one-up-man-ship. Who can be the most London by simultaneously telling us how great it is and boasting about living in the roughest bits because that make you 'real'.

then trying to organise a fight in Haywards Heath and complaining that the M25 is too far away.

Only lived in one proper rough bit. Dalston years ago.

But most places do have their scary bits. You learn to ignore it. Major factor in moving away from Clapham was the local kids. They got it in their head I was a policeman. Problem was there were a number of local families who hated the police for one reason and another. Got a bit bored being called a pig as I walked home.

So I emigrated to Balham.

Nothing major but helped me make my mind up. I was generally bored of Clapham though. Of course if I had invested in a property in the old town or near the common I would still be there.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The wealthy white folk have come to Brighton and f***ing ruined it. What used to be a pleasent, AFFORDABLE, multicultural and forward thinking town has now been transformed into commuter belt nightmare dominated by trendy white parents looking for property in the golden triangle and forcing up house prices. What was once affably shabby is now still shabby but only because the council spend all their time looking after the new wealthy residents and their parking requirements etc. My home has been invaded and ruined by the enemy of the UK. White, wealthy and wet.

i would love t know when this was because, well, its just not f***ing true and never has been. its as white and British as you can f***ing get. Why do people continue with this delusion. Its been white, wealthy and tory for most of the time, thsi reinvention is exactly it. most brightonians who do not swallow all the recent bullshit would f***ing laugh at you for shit like this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only lived in one proper rough bit. Dalston years ago.

But most places do have their scary bits. You learn to ignore it. Major factor in moving away from Clapham was the local kids. They got it in their head I was a policeman. Problem was there were a number of local families who hated the police for one reason and another. Got a bit bored being called a pig as I walked home.

So I emigrated to Balham.

Nothing major but helped me make my mind up. I was generally bored of Clapham though. Of course if I had invested in a property in the old town or near the common I would still be there.

Moving south of the river is quite a drastic move.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
i would love t know when this was because, well, its just not f***ing true and never has been. its as white and British as you can f***ing get. Why do people continue with this delusion. Its been white, wealthy and tory for most of the time, thsi reinvention is exactly it. most brightonians who do not swallow all the recent bullshit would f***ing laugh at you for shit like this.

Typical of pig ignorant fuckwits like yourself, you cannot even see when someone is having a laugh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
in fairness you dont have a great record for satire on here. its f***ing out of the blue for you.

In fairness, you are not the kind of person who is going to understand humour very well, or much at all.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not when its so close to a standard posting of yours as to almost be indistinguishable.

I know, all my posts are infused with rapier like wit so it will be hard for the likes of you to distinguish. Imagine my humour as a surgeons scalpel, sharpened to precision, fit for the job and wielded by a master at his profession. Now, imagine yours as a decades old sledgehammer, unfit for purpose, past it's useful life wielded by someone stuck in the dark ages, dully thudding away at a brick wall. At the wrong house.

Tip: If you do not understand something, it is best not to comment. Better to be quiet and thought an idiot than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Peace, it's the future.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I know, all my posts are infused with rapier like wit so it will be hard for the likes of you to distinguish. Imagine my humour as a surgeons scalpel, sharpened to precision, fit for the job and wielded by a master at his profession. Now, imagine yours as a decades old sledgehammer, unfit for purpose, past it's useful life wielded by someone stuck in the dark ages, dully thudding away at a brick wall. At the wrong house.

Tip: If you do not understand something, it is best not to comment. Better to be quiet and thought an idiot than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Peace, it's the future.

nibble it was a shit post. really not funny in the slightest. as for surgeon i think you have turned up hungover forgotten to wash your hands and left a pair of gloves in the patients body after.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Generally the schools in London are predominately black or Asian and that is why many white people moved out of London, the white flight!, I think it is more about race than anything else.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
nibble it was a shit post. really not funny in the slightest. as for surgeon i think you have turned up hungover forgotten to wash your hands and left a pair of gloves in the patients body after.

The fact that a numpty like yourself finds me unfunny can only be seen as a ringing endorsement for nibble. There we go, everyone's happy. As you were.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The fact that a numpty like yourself finds me unfunny can only be seen as a ringing endorsement for nibble. There we go, everyone's happy. As you were.

if people not finding you funny is your idea of an endorsement then i am amazed you are not carried off shoulder height being cheered by everyone on here.

SE19_CP

Oct 30, 2011
SE19.....top of the hill
I'm the most south london on here. ;) here's my view:

Both bushy and my fellow palace fan are correct in parts.

Mitcham/pollards all the way to streatham vale and Phipps Bridge, are both socially and economically deprived parts of Merton, Brighton residents probably would last 2mins there. In contrast, Merton has (in parts) got some of the nicest places in SW (worcester park/wimbledon) but some can definitely be considered countryside-ish.....raynes park/motspur park etc which are middle of nowhere places, to me anyway....

The numpty that reckons Phipps Bridge is comparable to any of the Brixton/Stockwell estates definitely doesn't have a danny what hes going on about though, Somerleyton, myatts field, loughbrough and even the recently regenerated angell town estate are worlds apart from anywhere in merton mate. and thats a fact.

* for the record I was born in kings college, lived in Crown point, Streatham, Streatham Hill, Camberwell now Acre Lane, so I feel like I'm fairly qualified to comment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here