Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have the white British left London ?

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Tooting is very middle class these days. Didn't have any preconceptions really, but I was impressed by the quality of the property when I house hunted down there a few years ago.

You only really know an area when you live there for years. I lived in Clapham for years. Generally got bored of it and the council's apparent policy to turn the High Street into bars. You need a mix.

It has some rough bits too. OK, there are worse places (I feel most unsafe in the West End) but on the borders with Stockwell and around Clapham North is definitely has its moments.

Camden is a place I wouldn't to live. Worked there for years and always wanted to get out sharpish.

I now live in Balham which is lovely. Been here for 3 years and have yet to discover anywhere I wouldn't want to go and that includes Tooting where I do a lot of shopping.

It's a cliche about London, but walk through a nice area and within a few yards you enter a dodgy one. As far as extremes go I'd plump for Stockwell.

If you just past through you would never know, but off the main round there are some extremely expensive and desirable properties.

Same as Phipps Bridge as mentioned above. Not far from there is a very middle class garden centre next to Morden Hall.

LOL, Morden Hall that's down the road from me. It's hardly Wimbledon Village. Where is this Phipps Bridge? I've vaguely heard the name somewhere but presume it's pikey central. Balham is surprisingly guam, away from the horrendous high street, it's gone up in the world recently. I do know a babe who lives there. Trouble is it's such a pain to get to the M25 from there.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I lived in Lee, Then Peckham and Sydenham. A few years ago I moved out to Bromley. Because I can afford to and its quieter. Why did you move to Haywards Heath? are the hookers cheaper?
You know your a C*nt, I know your a Cu*t, the whole of Nsc Knows your a c*nt so I would call that pretty conclusive proof that your a nothing but a C*nt. You are calling me a wannabee, what exactly is it I want to be? a Londoner? As for Fred Binney I wouldnt mind betting that is another account of yours as you both seem to talk Bollocks. You are a no mark who wants to be accepted and be a part of something but....London does not want you, Brighton does not want you, NSC does not seem to want you, I bet Haywards Heath does not want you, have you thought of emigrating
I dont need to be accepted by anyone or anybody least of all a wanker like you , you're a plastic, wigger, wannabe gangster from bromley , who wishes he came from lee or peckham because then he wouldnt feel so dreadfully middle class awkward and white when he mixed with his friends, I'm happy with what I am, you , so clearly aren't.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Whereabouts? My cousin lives in the nice part of Bromley. So you've achieved the heady heights of 'working' (in the loosest sense of the term) in the public sector then? You go out drinking in Lewisham in your spare time? blimey, nowt as weird as folk.

Listen if you want to discuss things then im happy to do so but if you want to act like a prickyke)(much like [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION]/DIck Van D im perfectly happy to treat you as one. I work for myself and live in the Borough of Bromley, I also have a flat in Bermondsey as its easy to get to work from when I get phonecalls through the night.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I dont need to be accepted by anyone or anybody least of all a wanker like you , you're a plastic, wigger, wannabe gangster from bromley , who wishes he came from lee or peckham because then he wouldnt feel so dreadfully middle class awkward and white when he mixed with his friends, I'm happy with what I am, you , so clearly aren't.

So now you are calling me a white ****** lol, You have a big mouth for a little man. I dont want to come from Peckham as it is a shitehole, I come from Lewisham as I was born in the hospital. Come back with all your abuse but you wouldnt so it to my face, as you are a little maggot.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
Listen if you want to discuss things then im happy to do so but if you want to act like a prickyke)(much like [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION]/DIck Van D im perfectly happy to treat you as one. I work for myself and live in the Borough of Bromley, I also have a flat in Bermondsey as its easy to get to work from when I get phonecalls through the night.

Where in Bromley, jeezus, it's like talking to my gran. Why are people phoning you thru the night? are you forex trading? I'm waiting for manipulation at a key level on cable for a long. Downgrade's priced in.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is right... Mitcham ain't nice.. At all...

London has good and bad... Sw London is lovely (from where I grew up and lived) and se seems a ghetto (from again my experiences and where I lived)

The nice places in London are just way over prices and the shit holes are over populated

Last edited:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Where in Bromley, jeezus, it's like talking to my gran. Why are people phoning you thru the night? are you forex trading? I'm waiting for manipulation at a key level on cable for a long. Downgrade's priced in.

I provide security, nothing much else to tell.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
LOL, Morden Hall that's down the road from me. It's hardly Wimbledon Village. Where is this Phipps Bridge? I've vaguely heard the name somewhere but presume it's pikey central. Balham is surprisingly guam, away from the horrendous high street, it's gone up in the world recently. I do know a babe who lives there. Trouble is it's such a pain to get to the M25 from there.

Yes hardly Wimbledon but surprising to have such a nice garden centre in the area. It's owned by same people who own the Wandsworth one. Near the posh common and surrounding boutiques but next to the prison.......

That was my point.

Balham high street. Quite, but that would be a few years ago. My local shop is f'ing Waitrose after all.

I don't know if there is actually an area called Phipps Bridge, but I think there is quite a ropy estate down there ? Well probably no worse that the one lived near to in Clapham. The one on Landor Road. 2 or 3 murders in there during the time I lived there.

In the great tradition of London, places get named after stations even if the area already had a name.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Loving this game of London one-up-man-ship. Who can be the most London by simultaneously telling us how great it is and boasting about living in the roughest bits because that make you 'real'.

then trying to organise a fight in Haywards Heath and complaining that the M25 is too far away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here