Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why have some Albion fans suddenly started referring to Palace fans as 'Nigels'?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Millwall fans refer to us as 'Stripey Nigels'. Supposedly a bunch of middle class posh boys, whereas they're all top of the range geezers and well 'ard. I have seen you lot refer to us as 'pikeys'...Quite a contrast and far too confusing for me.

It's just the social order of things.

Your mob are lower down the social scale than us, and we know it.

Millwall are even lower than you, and they know it.

Simples.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I have, mind you, all the actual Mancs I've met (and I've met a lot) have been City fans.

Most Man U fans come from London or Asia as far as I can see.
The sanctimony of City fans on this issue beggars belief when you consider a massive chunk of their support comes from various Cheshire towns. There is a reason that fans of Stockport County and a fair few others absolutely detest Citeh. It's also complete bollocks. There are at least as many United fans in Manchester as there are City.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The sanctimony of City fans on this issue beggars belief when you consider a massive chunk of their support comes from various Cheshire towns. There is a reason that fans of Stockport County and a fair few others absolutely detest Citeh. It's also complete bollocks. There are at least as many United fans in Manchester as there are City.

Is the correct answer.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Millwall fans refer to us as 'Stripey Nigels'. Supposedly a bunch of middle class posh boys, whereas they're all top of the range geezers and well 'ard. I have seen you lot refer to us as 'pikeys'...Quite a contrast and far too confusing for me.

Bit more than that though isn't it? The Nigels thing is meant to sum up how suburban Palace are. Croydon's for all it's shiteness is neither in London nor out of it, the land of drive-thru McDonalds and pebble-dash, Vicki Pollards and dogshit on the pavement. So 'Nigels' is mean to imply you're both social inadequates but also wannabe geezers who just don't get it in your flatpacked, cheap and nasty suburban hell.

Very rude of Millwall to suggest all this I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here