Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why has RDZ not signed a new contract yet?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The press conference is formed of two parts, with the second part being for written media. The stuff from this section is embargoed until a later day/time.

I guess it harks back to the days of printed press where, if TV/radio were able to tell all, then the press would have nothing new to share by the time newspapers hit the shops.

These days, written media is largely online and, again, stuff from this section of the press conference is not revealed by anyone until the following morning.
Thank you, it makes more sense now 👍.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You are one of the most sensible posters on here, but what makes you say that? Potter got the Chelsea job with a lot less in the bank than RDZ has.
I do appreciate that this won't prove popular with you or on here, but Potter had one hell of a lot of credit in the bank when he joined Chelsea. Most Brighton fans were hugely disappointed that Potter left. Football fans being tribal, this has subsequently been forgotten.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I wonder if this thread will take a more positive slant after today’s match or maybe some fans will always be half empty when it comes to our Club’s prospects and management regardless of performances like today? Great line up and a very animated RDZ on the touchline ( and a one match ban to boot).

It was heartwarming to hear ‘We’ve got super Rob De Zerbi’ repeatedly belting out from the NS today - I am sure he was appreciative of that along with the rest of the noise our fans were making.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Like I said 2 pages back, RDZ and his team have a touch of genius.

Stayed with good faith with the 3 at the back, but Lamps, oh beautiful Tariq, he is finally finding that pre-injury form and completely tore them a new one first half.

Palace showed nothing really of Luton’s fight or desire, but then neither did we let them.

There was a lovely exchange between RDZ and Dunk second half while Olise went off, like a flurry of hand signals, pretty clear RDZ was saying;

Why don’t you try to ping one over the new fullbacks head to Lamps?

What, try to ping one over to Lamps?

Yeah.

Okay.

2 mins later Dunk pings a grade A, Michellin starred dessert tray of a ball into Lamptey’s path. Poetry, just seeing that exchange then Dunk trying it. I loved all of it today. ALL OF IT!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was heartwarming to hear ‘We’ve got super Rob De Zerbi’ repeatedly belting out from the NS today - I am sure he was appreciative of that along with the rest of the noise our fans were making.
He actually responded to it on about 80mins which I don’t think I’ve ever seen - raised his hand up to the north stand

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
How many Albion managers in our history have put 4 past Palace?

Yet some people don't rate him because we are 7th and Dahoud flopped.

Madness..incredible manager
He's the third by my reckoning.

1706997399358.png

Charles Webb 1919-1947 (blimey!)

1706997421237.png

Charles Webb again.
1706997443077.png

Billy Lane 1951-1961

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Looking at that, his heart clearly isn't in it and he's obviously headed for the exit any day now
No, Roy has said he will stick it out 😜

Seriously, I think the over analysis of his presser on Friday has been ridiculous.
He was moody on Friday because he had taken a bad beating on Tuesday and was still sore about it. So was I. I don't think he enjoys doing the media anyway. But look at him on the pitch today and what he said afterwards. He will never go off in a huff or play silly games. He just wants to win.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The press conference is formed of two parts, with the second part being for written media. The stuff from this section is embargoed until a later day/time.

I guess it harks back to the days of printed press where, if TV/radio were able to tell all, then the press would have nothing new to share by the time newspapers hit the shops.

These days, written media is largely online and, again, stuff from this section of the press conference is not revealed by anyone until the following morning.
Further to that, even within the written press there have long been embargoes separating the dailies from the Sunday papers, so the weekend press would get to print something new. Not sure if that’s still commonplace.

We tried to sign a quality midfielder but promotion chasing Leicester rightly put a big price tag on him to protect their interests. Away from that we simply do not pay the sort of money to buy ready made Caicedo or Macallister replacements and the day we do we break out model and immediately they will be used as a benchmark with any future negotiations we enter.

RDZ is frustrated, we are frustrated and Bloom and Barber will be equally so but as other have said it was a very quiet window so we are not alone in that regard. I still think we have a good enough squad to do great things this season but not one that can do that across 3 competitions which will frustrate RDZ but perhaps we need to start thinking about which basket we are going to put our eggs in for the remainder of the season.

Yes very balanced assessment. It’s no surprise our awful performance came in 3 games in 7 days spell, realistically we don’t have the squad for the elaborate rotation that RDZ desires to avoid these mental dips. We are likely to have other subpar performances. Sadly I don’t think it’s realistic to prioritise between last 16 Europe, Prem or later stages of FA Cup. Possibly wolves at end of month may be the last chance as it’s another 3 tough games in a week bloc - but I don’t think he will

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I am becoming increasingly relaxed about Roberto moving on. Of course he will, sometime, it is in the nature of most excellent managers to move on eventually. Fergie and Wenger were very much the exception and look what happened when they left! The only one that I would be worried about is Tony Bloom but I cannot see that happening in my lifetime. It’s just really rare for a Brighton fan to feel relaxed about anything, it goes with the territory. We are so used to promotions or relegations that this tranquility seems other worldly!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Did anyone catch what RDZ got a yellow card for early on? The official that was standing there took exception to something and called the ref over...Seemed a bit OTT...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did anyone catch what RDZ got a yellow card for early on? The official that was standing there took exception to something and called the ref over...Seemed a bit OTT...
He went on the pitch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here