Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why don't Islamic State just move in with Saudi Arabia ?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
"How does that make them all "hypocrites"?

If obeying the law in their own country would result in prison or a public lashing, I don't see it as hypocritical to comply with it. It's only hypocritical if somebody bangs on about the sanctity of Islam in the meantime. I don't imagine they all do that. They just do what they're told. "

Their religion forbids alcohol not their country. When you met Saudis in their own country they all came across as devout Muslims.

I'm not sure Islam forbids alcohol, more like it says don't turn up at mosque drunk - its just some have perverted the religion to say its forbidden.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm not sure Islam forbids alcohol, more like it says don't turn up at mosque drunk - its just some have perverted the religion to say its forbidden.

Quran 5:90 - O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, arrows for seeking luck or decision - are an abomination of Shaitan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I once saw 3 Muslim girls, all in black but without the face veil, coming out of Anne Summers. Now, when i see one I wonder what they have on beneath.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Always depends on what sort of burkha...they are not all the same.
In the north east province of Saudi, i saw women with leather face coverings.
In Al Khobar, the veils were often completely sheer (making you realise just how beautiful some Saudi women are)...

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Quran 5:90 - O you who believe! Intoxicants (all kinds of alcoholic drinks), gambling, arrows for seeking luck or decision - are an abomination of Shaitan's (Satan) handiwork. So avoid (strictly all) that (abomination) in order that you may be successful.

But thats a wrong interpretation - Heaven is quoted as having rivers of wine so that would almost certainly mean alcohol can be taken on earth.

that the righteous have been promised with rivers of pure water, and rivers of milk whose taste does not change, and rivers of wine that are delicious for the drinkers, and rivers of strained honey, and for them in it are all kinds of fruits, and a forgiveness from their Lord; like that of those who abide in the Fire, and are given to drink boiling water that cuts-up their intestines?" (47:15)

The Quran is more concerned that you shouldn't go to prayer intoxicated, you are supposed to have washed yourself and you certainly should not have had sex before prayer.

"O you who believe, do not approach the Salat while you are intoxicated, until you know what you are saying. Nor if you have had intercourse, unless travelling, until you bathe. And if you are ill, or traveling, or one of you has excreted feces, or you had sexual contact with the women, and could not find water, then you shall select from the clean soil; you shall wipe your faces and hands. God is Pardoning, Forgiving." (4:43)

And that translation is a misquote and the true verse almost certainly should be

"O you who believe, intoxicants, and gambling, and sacraments, and fortunes are foul tools used by the devil. You shall avoid him so that you may be successful." (5:90)

Its more about treating alcohol with caution so the devil does not lead you astray

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here