Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Doesn't The Argus sell out any more?

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Some prices have gone up 25% recently, but that isn't the main reason for The Argus' alarming inability to sell even half the number of papers it did in the good old days. That is the result of an in-depth survey of Internet surfers.

One former Argus reader, who asked not to be named, told North Stand Chat: "Last year I had the pleasure of visiting such stadiums as Wolves, Forest, Ipswich and Derby. The lure of Swindon, Luton, Chesterfield and Colchester reports is not quite the same. I am prepared to put up with it if I am entertained and informed about the Albion, but we're getting more and more drivel about Chelsea and Man United. I expect it will be Stoke and Palace next, although there's no chance of them getting in the Premiership."

Another former Argus reader, who also asked not to be named, said: "There was so much excitement around at the time of the Bring Home the Albion campaign and the referendum campaign, which was reflected in the paper's coverage. Now though it's all gone flat and there really has been no positive Albion campaign at all for years. Putting that "Albion for Falmer - a Campaign by The Argus" logo on all kinds of negative reports isn't going to fool anyone."

A third former Argus reader, a Mr T Blair from County Durham, said: "I hate the f***ing Daily Mail."

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
:lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Very funny