Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

why does greer only pass to upson?

mynameisdave

Oct 9, 2013
No because you are a tiresome individual, who prefers to take information from ESPN rather than listen to actual fans who were there, or even the DVD that has the proof also that your wrong.

so go watch your DVD and tell me which game it was, and does his 2 assists in this game 3/4 years ago now prove he is a top class player??? Michael owen 10 years ago was world class now hes retired and shit, but do his goals 10 years ago mean that hes a good player now?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
so go watch your DVD and tell me which game it was, and does his 2 assists in this game 3/4 years ago now prove he is a top class player??? Michael owen 10 years ago was world class now hes retired and shit, but do his goals 10 years ago mean that hes a good player now?

You really are a goon, I can't be arsed anymore.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
ESPN get their stats from the AP (or from the same source that provides stats for everyone else). The club sometimes collate their own, the premier league have opta doing it. The AP's can be wrong. A couple of times last season Hammond (4) and Calderon (14) were confused. With ESPN their end of season tally for the last couple of years have not tallied with the total if you combine them on a match by match basis.

Greer scored one and made one v burnley last season (2012/13).
His shot was followed up by sparrow v southampton 2011/12
He back heeled the ball for Barnes v blackpool 2011/12

I wasn't keeping track during his first season with us. Considering he's a centre back, I don't think we can criticise him for that, they seem pretty decent.

Last season I was regularly criticising him for his refusal to pass to calderon (and noted he actually injured himself the first time he passed to calderon in a three match spell, we actually scored from that move that started with that pass). This season he has been passing to calderon. And buckley. and ward and andrews, and ince and agustien etc.

There are reasons to criticise him. Who he passes to and the number of assists he has in his time with us are not them.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
One thing I can say with all certainty, mention any players name and some will tell you he's rubbish whilst others will want to have his babies!
I'm not in the Gordon Greer fan club but I like Ashley Barnes. There, I've said it. Now remember it's just a personal opinion and not a dummy spitting contest

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Greer may not have directly assisted many goals, but his long passes out to an on running Buckley or other winger to cross and score from are numerous.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
After seeing him at Withdean, I thought he was a donkey.

Crazy talk. At League One level he had the time and space to be even more cultured than he is now. He used to RUN games.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
I seen a few de ja vu moments with KLL waving hello when Greer has had the ball, has left me thinking does he need glasses or what?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
erm according to espn stats he has set one goal up since joining from Swindon? what dvd were you watching

Err, Greer has been passing good balls from the back during this season and last as well as during his Withdean stint.

The fact that our strikers/midfield haven't been able to convert them into goals is a completely seperate issue. Surely that's not too much for you to grasp?

Jul 7, 2003
According to the loud, unfunny ******** who sits somewhere behind me in WSU, Greer only ever passes to Kuszczak.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
The problem is our midfield outlets are being marked very tightly atm as teams know we pass out from the back. Many a time Greer (or any one of our defenders for that matter) passes the ball to a midfielder only to receive it straight back. Then its played across to Upson, who looks for the forward pass, and so on. It's ball retention, waiting for the space to open up or the right pass to appear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here