Why does Bloom escape criticism on here?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Upsetting, really? While I appreciate I may not be as Brighton centered as some, is upsetting really the right word.
The withdean days could never carry on, it was a cottage industry and with the Amex it was obvious things had to change and become more business like.

What is upsetting is seeing the customers vote with their feet already, todays crowd was disappointing, how will Paul Barber get his customers back.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
What is upsetting is seeing the customers vote with their feet already, today's crowd was disappointing, how will Paul Barber get his customers back.
He will get some back by resigning and taking some of the other clowns with him. We are a joke of a club at the moment and i include Bloom in that. We have all the infrastructure to be a Premier League club yet we have the staff that could not run a pub team. We have Champagne taste but beer money.

livewire11

Banned
Feb 10, 2011
Look at all the clubs that have splashed cash and now there clubs are in the shit - is that what you want to happen to us????

Pompey, Blackpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Bolton - you want to end up like them??

You think forest and Bournemouth will sustain what they are doing???

I would rather go the way we are going and do a Swansea - be ready and stay up for the future! If that means a couple of mid table finishes, relegation battles so be it!!

Look how far we have come and stop being fickle stupid supporters!!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've got nothing but admiration, gratitude and respect for all the great things Tony Bloom has done for the Albion, But as it stands it does look like some poor footballing decisions were made over the summer and as the owner and chairman he does have to accept a large share of the responsibility for it. I guess it just go's to show it doesn't matter how successful you are in life nobody is immune from getting things wrong from time to time and it's then how you react to it that counts.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Look at all the clubs that have splashed cash and now there clubs are in the shit - is that what you want to happen to us????

I would rather go the way we are going and do a Swansea - be ready and stay up for the future! If that means a couple of mid table finishes, relegation battles so be it!!

What, have a CVA and pay 5p in the £1? At least Palace and Portsmouth fans paid the debts to St Johns Ambulance but Swansea owed them £2.5k and only paid £125. I could be wrong but I don't remember hearing of their fans paying off that debt.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've got nothing but admiration, gratitude and respect for all the great things Tony Bloom has done for the Albion, But as it stands it does look like some poor footballing decisions were made over the summer and as the owner and chairman he does have to accept a large share of the responsibility for it. I guess it just go's to show it doesn't matter how successful you are in life nobody is immune from getting things wrong from time to time and it's then how you react to it that counts.

Yep, I agree. Just because Delia Smith has done a great job for Norwich it doesn’t mean that TB won’t make any mistakes on his journey.

Hopefully once the FFP kicks in we will be better placed in the player recruitment market and the tight pursed strategy will pay off in the end.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

We didn't need to break the bank. Murray was available, Yeh his wages may have been higher than the rest of our squad but it would have been a gamble that would pay off. Instead we get COG who looks like a poor mans Barn door Billy. There is nothing fickle about fans venting their opinions. Right now we are shit. I cannot see that changing with the current structure. Stick with this mob and we are going down.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
TB is not beyond criticism but he is OK in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports