Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why doens.t Sam Allardyce or Redknapp talk to Match of the day?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yes.

Alex Ferguson doesn't talk to them after a certain cartoon about him appeared on some BBC channel.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
So what's Wilkins excuse then.....Lazy shit if you ask me:rolleyes: :jester:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
RM-Taylor said:
Yes.

Alex Ferguson doesn't talk to them after a certain cartoon about him appeared on some BBC channel.

Article in the (completely unrelated to the programme) Match Of The Day magazine that is produced by BBC Enterprises.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fergie should have been absolutely hammered for his pathetic stance over the years, but has got away with it through a craven alliance of cowardice in the media. They won't slag him off because he would then stop (or stop his players) talking to anybody (not that he bothers to turn up to post-match press conferences anyway). At the start it was probably about some perceived slight, but that was years ago - now he just doesn't like being questioned or second-guessed by anyone.

What will happen is that when he retires, or in the run-up to it, he will relax his stance so that the BBC and everyone else can run big features on what a great manager he was. They should tell him to f*** right off and run a feature on what a great manager Wenger is instead.

It is no coincidence that Redknapp and Allardyce are two of his biggest mates. They probably have a more principled reason for not talking to the BBC, the Panorama programme was high on smear and short on facts, but you can bet Fergie was in there stirring it up and telling them to boycott MOTD.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought it was rather amusing that David James was refusing to give interviews to SkySports, until they sent out a man to fix his satellite dish. :D

legend:bowdown:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought it was rather amusing that David James was refusing to give interviews to SkySports, until they sent out a man to fix his satellite dish. :D
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here