Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do YOU support the Albion?

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
I was forced into it by my father when I was young and vulnerable, like being entered into an arranged marriage with a shabby family of underachievers and ne'er-do-wells.

An now I have done exactly the same to my eldest son! We don't even live locally and at least my Dad had the excuse we were in the top flight at the time!

Sorry son, :cry:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Peter Ward hat-trick for the under-21s at the Goldstone

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
saw my first game a few years ago and was hooked since then ,
only supported albion for 3 or so years and its been quality :)
even though were not that great :lol:
but i suppose thats what your gonna get supporting a league one team :)

Dad got me into it, didn't have too much interest till Zamora arrived when i was about 8 but i never supported anyone else and always firmly behind the albion, which has not changed even though my primary allegiance is to Worthing!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't go to matches to watch the team. Just there to watch Gully's Girls :love:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Born in Sussex and got taken to the Goldstone by the old man a few times before he got me a season ticket and that was that. Apparently I watched the cup final before all of that but far too young to remember

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when we moved to Brighton in 1974, this was the local club so my brother and I went along one saturday ( I wanted to go an support Chelsea, but it was too expensive to go each week)

My real team is Huddersfield though

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Have to say im amazed at the amount of teenagers that support the club considering we have been in the lower leagues for donkeys years now,must have been all to easy to have donned a chelsea shirt ect so hats off to ya spotty lil freaks. :thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
And look at him; he supports West Brom. What a fool.

I would have had to support Coventry according to that logic. No thanks! :angry:

Errr? But West Brom and Coventry are both better teams than us, have nicer grounds and have been in the premiership?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
was born in Brighton, and only lived there for the first few years of my life, all my family still live there and are albion supporters.

i wouldnt dream of supporting anyone else! :ascarf:

oh and like the people above... its about the glory.

Errr? But West Brom and Coventry are both better teams than us, have nicer grounds and have been in the premiership?

Have you ever been to Coventry?! I would have had to go there every two weeks during the season. Ditto with West Bromich. Besides which, Coventry, while being in the Prem, played at Highfield Road, which made some parts of Coventry seem positively NICE.

All of my friends were Villa fans, as they were the local big club. However my dad's status as an exiled Sussex lad and Brighton fan meant there was never really any choice for me.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I cant remember ever making a decision to support Brighton, it just sort of crept up on me. I went to my first game in 1982 and I suppose got hooked from there. As I remember I think before I actually went to a game I supported Ipswich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here