Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why do Spurs fans hate Daniel Levy so much?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Levy will never match Chelsea, Citeh, Man Utd, Liverpool for player spend, even though he has the resources to do so.

Financially he has been a great chairman, but he is tight and has missed out of players he could have purchased. He has pursued vanity managers like Mourinho and Conte at the expense of exciting, attractive football, but unlike George Graham these dullards have won nothing.

He has failed to replace Walker, Alderweireld and Vertonghen with players of similar quality. The same can be said for Eriksen and Moussa Dembele. They have a world class attack, OK midfield, a midtable defence and a keeper that is a liability. Kane is carrying that side at the moment.
You do know George Graham managed Tottenham and won a trophy yeah?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Because the owners Lewis & Levy haven’t pumped in £100m’s of their own money to buy trophies.

Only Spurs and Liverpool have had the financial discipline in doing that on the player side.

Even Kroenke threw in the towel and has pumped in £100m’s of his own cash in two stabs now at buying/paying better players than they can afford from genuine income.

I can’t think of any other owners other than Delia who’ve stuck to this.

@Paxton Dazo …. taking away the heat from this thread :lolol:, think about what I’ve posted. You know it makes sense.

You lot see Arsenal, ManC, ManU and Chelsea, now Newcastle on spending sprees, overnight replacing average players with far better, it grinds your fellow fans teeth that Lewis/Levy make the books balance. Leaving Dier, Royal, Davies, Perisic and Sessegnon in and around the first 11.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You do know George Graham managed Tottenham and won a trophy yeah?
That's why I mentioned George Graham. The only reason with putting up with shit, dull football is if you've gone 8 years without a trophy. He broke the streak, but Mourinho and Conte haven't and their football is just as shit.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Because the owners Lewis & Levy haven’t pumped in £100m’s of their own money to buy trophies.

Only Spurs and Liverpool have had the financial discipline in doing that on the player side.

Even Kroenke threw in the towel and has pumped in £100m’s of his own cash in two stabs now at buying/paying better players than they can afford from genuine income.

I can’t think of any other owners other than Delia who’ve stuck to this.

@Paxton Dazo …. taking away the heat from this thread :lolol:, think about what I’ve posted. You know it makes sense.

You lot see Arsenal, ManC, ManU and Chelsea, now Newcastle on spending sprees, overnight replacing average players with far better, it grinds your fellow fans teeth that Lewis/Levy make the books balance. Leaving Dier, Royal, Davies, Perisic and Sessegnon in and around the first 11.
There isn’t any heat in this thread whatsoever. If you follow the Spurs forum I told you to follow you’ll start understanding.

I’m past caring about ‘spending sprees’. The Brighton obsession with Tottenham and Kane needs to stop asap though. We can’t change 1978, and he’s only a goal away from breaking Greavsie’ record so once that’s done he will f*** off anyway (don’t blame him) and he can stop scoring every game against Brighton. 9 in 13 games currently. I do not want your Slazenger coat wearing manager to have to worry about Harry next season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just came on here to say how boring tonight's game is, primarily because Spuds are as dull as dishwater.
And fillum were as dull as ditch water.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re way off.

In a non aggressive way. PM me. We’ll have a pint down my local - or yours (unless you live somewhere ridiculous) - and I’ll explain to you why we can’t stand Levy.

I would say you probably aren’t bothered enough to go through with the above, but given the thread you started you probably are.
He has sliced a large chunk of the income into his trousers, and he isn't even the owner, right?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There isn’t any heat in this thread whatsoever. If you follow the Spurs forum I told you to follow you’ll start understanding.

I’m past caring about ‘spending sprees’. The Brighton obsession with Tottenham and Kane needs to stop asap though. We can’t change 1978, and he’s only a goal away from breaking Greavsie’ record so once that’s done he will f*** off anyway (don’t blame him) and he can stop scoring every game against Brighton. 9 in 13 games currently. I do not want your Slazenger coat wearing manager to have to worry about Harry next season.
You’re being overly sensitive. It’ll just be a handful of people still gloating at the 3-1 thrashing of Tottenham that day. Stains are equally disliked for the final day kick it to the opposition.

Loads of people on here hate the ‘big’ clubs in general. ManU and Chelsea get a shoeing. Newcastle are going to be increasingly despised over time. By your clubs supporters too btw!

There’s one odd exception though and I know for a fact through folk around my neck of the woods who go to the Amex …. there’s an awful load of people round here with a secret passion for Arsenal. Normally keeping a lid on it, but sometimes they can’t help themselves. Blokes who in the 1990’s switched to Arsenal. Weird.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Levy will never match Chelsea, Citeh, Man Utd, Liverpool for player spend, even though he has the resources to do so.

Financially he has been a great chairman, but he is tight and has missed out of players he could have purchased. He has pursued vanity managers like Mourinho and Conte at the expense of exciting, attractive football, but unlike George Graham these dullards have won nothing.

He has failed to replace Walker, Alderweireld and Vertonghen with players of similar quality. The same can be said for Eriksen and Moussa Dembele. They have a world class attack, OK midfield, a midtable defence and a keeper that is a liability. Kane is carrying that side at the moment. And now they watch as Arsenal leapfrog them to - quite possibly - an improbable title just as many of the other giants have hit the rocks. There's no reason why Spurs couldn't be in Arsenal's position.
Well...Spurs ARE still having to finance a billion pound stadium. Arsenal have been similarly hamstrung by having to pay for the Emirates, they've won f*** all since moving there. As mentioned earlier, despite the financial millstone of their stadium, only 4 teams have had a bigger net spend than Spurs over the last 5 years, which means they are pretty much where you would expect them to be.

Get rid of Levy ? Yay. Who comes in that will "transform" them ? What exactly do these Spurs fans expect ?

Ridiculous entitlement.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You’re being overly sensitive. It’ll just be a handful of people still gloating at the 3-1 thrashing of Tottenham that day. Stains are equally disliked for the final day kick it to the opposition.

Loads of people on here hate the ‘big’ clubs in general. ManU and Chelsea get a shoeing. Newcastle are going to be increasingly despised over time. By your clubs supporters too btw!

There’s one odd exception though and I know for a fact through folk around my neck of the woods who go to the Amex …. there’s an awful load of people round here with a secret passion for Arsenal. Normally keeping a lid on it, but sometimes they can’t help themselves. Blokes who in the 1990’s switched to Arsenal. Weird.
Fair post @Weststander. I know you hate us but that’s fair.

I think I’m just annoyed because I got stranded at Clapham Junction for just shy of an hour earlier because of signal failure en route home from the worlds worst game at Fulham.

If I ever come across as anti-Brighton on here that is not the case whatsoever, many people on this forum know me personally will vouch for that.

Although. Will stand by what I stand if anyone really what’s to know why we hate Levy, I’ll explain. I only live in Hangleton.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha! An oldie. Respect.

Clearly old enough to remember Tottenham taking over your city (then town) in 1978 and probably hate Kane cos he scores more often than not against ‘The Albion’? Hence the hatred?

We’ve won trophies dating back to 1901. But you know that anyway. Be interesting to see how many folk getting excited about Brighton qualifying for Europe (and excited you should be and I’ll be cheering it on) travel abroad given they think £25 for a FAC4 game is expensive.
We don't hate Spuds. We are mildly interested in your underperformance given your massive and lovey stadium. We are not bothered about your supporters. One of my pals (etc etc). The football tonight was dull and your coked up 'Yid Army' dirge was . . . mildly annoying. The 'Seaweed' thing was before 78. Bang to rights - I always hated the fact we stole and slightly changed a Palarse chant to create our thing. Dolphins, yay.

But on the other hand.....when the Stains (sorry, Spuds) 'go marching in'? Do you? Do you though? Pathetic.

You Spuds need to sort yourselves out because, right now, you are tin pot. And I say that as someone who doesn't even give a shit.

:wink:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
We don't hate Spuds. We are mildly interested in your underperformance given your massive and lovey stadium. We are not bothered about your supporters. One of my pals (etc etc). The football tonight was dull and your coked up 'Yid Army' dirge was . . . mildly annoying. The 'Seaweed' thing was before 78. Bang to rights - I always hated the fact we stole and slightly changed a Palarse chant to create our thing. Dolphins, yay.

But on the other hand.....when the Stains (sorry, Spuds) 'go marching in'? Do you? Do you though? Pathetic.

You Spuds need to sort yourselves out because, right now, you are tin pot. And I say that as someone who doesn't even give a shit.

:wink:
Course we do - we go marching into Europe every year, well 17 or the last 18 seasons or something.

Can you do the Italics on that response? I know you like them?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s the one.
Yep. I can understand your annoyance. A DULLARD posted the numbers a while ago. I was quite shocked. We expect that sort of GREED from the Glazers, but..... oh well. Good luck to you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Course we do - we go marching into Europe every year, well 17 or the last 18 seasons or something.

Can you do the Italics on that response? I know you like them?
How's that?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That "yid army" chant is so f***ing annoying. The nobbers chanting it aren't even jewish, they're just using a borderline racist slang term for an ethnic minority, because they think they're "owning it" for their club. And thats what they'll tell you.

Bunch of pricks.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
That "yid army" chant is so f***ing annoying. The nobbers chanting it aren't even jewish, they're just using a borderline racist slang term for an ethnic minority, because they think they're "owning it" for their club. And thats what they'll tell you.

Bunch of pricks.
Been going to Tottenham since 1996. In 1996 - my very first Spurs game against Aston Villa , Mark Bosnich did a nazi salute in-front of the Park Lane (you CAN Google that GAME in capital LETTERS if you’d LIKE). We’ve always had chants towards us about us going to Auschwitz and Hitler gassing us again etc .. I’ve been to places like Istanbul and Belgrade (places folk getting excited about Brighton getting Europe wouldn't even consider travelling too) with Spurs (and many others) where we’ve been targeted and been in pubs attacked by neo-Nazis for being Jews.

Can assure you we’re not borderline racist when we sing that chant. We sing it with pride. Enjoy Europe next season. It’s a dog eat dog World on them trips. :wink:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Been going to Tottenham since 1996. In 1996 - my very first Spurs game against Aston Villa , Mark Bosnich did a nazi salute in-front of the Park Lane (you CAN Google that GAME in capital LETTERS if you’d LIKE). We’ve always had chants towards about us about us going to Auschwitz and Hitler gassing us again etc .. I’ve been to places like Istanbul and Belgrade (places folk getting excited about Brighton getting Europe wouldn't even consider travelling too) with Spurs (and many others) where we’ve been targeted and been in pubs attacked by neo-Nazis for being Jews.

Can assure you we’re not borderline racist when we sing that chant. We sing it with pride. Enjoy Europe next season. It’s a dog eat dog World on them trips. :wink:
Not having it. You're not standing up for jews. You don't own the term "yids" - its a slang word thats been widely used outside of football as a derogatory slang term for jewish people. The fact your fans casually throw the yid chant around (when they're not even jewish) and try to justify it as if they're in some way standing up for the tiny minority of jews in the north London community is just so....vacuous. Ignorant.

Do some research on what jewish people actually feel about that "yid army" chant. You could start with David Baddiel.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Not having it. You're not standing up for jews. You don't own the term "yids" - its a slang word thats been widely used outside of football as a derogatory slang term for jewish people. The fact your fans casually throw the yid chant around (when they're not even jewish) and try to justify it as if they're in some way standing up for the tiny minority of jews in the north London community is just so....vacuous. Ignorant.

Do some research on what jewish people actually feel about that "yid army" chant. You could start with David Baddiel.
is that the same David Baddiel who supports Chelsea?
Home now - but will research tomorrow when I wake up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
is that the same David Baddiel who supports Chelsea?
Home now - but will research tomorrow when I wake up.
Not sure who he supports is entirely relevant. The point is, opposition fans have often used "yids" (insert obligatory preceding F-word) as an insult towards Spurs. So Spurs fans have taken it upon themselves to counter it by endlessly chanting "yid army", as if this in some way owns it. It doesn't - it normalises the abuse, and perpetuates it.

"Town full of faggots, you're just a town full of faggots" was a regular chant home and away towards BHA fans (thankfully not so commonplaces these days). But would I feel the urge to go to every game chanting "FAG ARMY, FAG ARMY" ? Errm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here