Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do spiders live in wing mirrors?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
So bloody annoying.
They live in the passenger side wing mirror.
When you wash the car you spray the water into the mirror - does this get rid of them? - NO.

They only come out when you are doing 90 on the motorway and you cant reach over and grab them.

I have one living in my car, and now I have one in my van.:angry:

Any tips on how to get rid?

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
We had one when we wnet on holiday one summer and we kept feeding it flies form the number plate/front of car/windscreen. We called it Charlie :)

Last edited:

virgosmrs

Jun 10, 2004
berkshire
I used to have one in my van too. He used to march along the dashboard when i was driving, very cute! However, there is no point getting rid of him cos as soon as u move him along, another will appear. Keep him as a pet!:D

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
I often throw a small piece of leaf into the spiders webs in my back garden just to see them come hurtling out and then realised they`ve been conned.I think all spiders are w.nkers .

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
H block said:
I often throw a small piece of leaf into the spiders webs in my back garden just to see them come hurtling out and then realised they`ve been conned.I think all spiders are w.nkers .

Ooh, you hurtful bitch

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Yer I've got one living on my side of the car, i wash the car it seems to die and it comes back to life and continues to do my head in!! Grh . . .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
H block said:

I take no shame in bringing this post to the attention of the day crew, cos I nearly pissed myself laughing when I read this last night.

I delight in throwing cut grass into their webs, watching them scuttle out and ever so gently (with just a hint of pissed offness) remove the grass and chuck it to the floor. After about 5 goes they give up and go to sleep.

Great fun :jester:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
its is true, no points squashing it, if you do another comes along within days. they hide in the wing mirror to protect them from the wind. and on cars.... well where else do you get so many flys, squashed and pre packed ready to eat.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here