Why do people write "this" after a quote

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
No, no, no no, no.

You CANNOT add a comment and then say "this".

"This" is a stand alone statement - a shorthand version of "I agree". Conceptually and physically its simplicity can hardly be improved upon unless one were simply to say "yes" or "ok" but whilst those may have the advantage of brevity they add an opportunity for doubt. They lack the simple clarity of "this".

To add another comment however - any other comment - is to impinge on its stark beauty. The only permitted variant might be "this this and this....." or something similar (the exclamatory "this! or "THIS" perhaps) but nothing else. Succinct and to the point..............................

In all honesty I do appreciate that you are new to this forum but please do try to conform to standards learned through long experience

This

this

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
Mune ni kamame - I know that 'kamame' means seagull. I understood that 'mune' is translated as 'tit'.
just curious. I hate misinterpretations.
desu

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Mune ni kamame - I know that 'kamame' means seagull. I understood that 'mune' is translated as 'tit'.
just curious. I hate misinterpretations.
desu

clif26 ohayou gozaimasu( good morning) lol at "tit" where did you get that?. A little knowlege is a dangerous thing. On the chest or on the breast, usually within the context of something you are wearing. unless of course my memory is playing tricks in which case I will feel a complete "tit"

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
Well, I says to this Jap. bird ; 'Oki mune. (as an abbreviation of 'kanojo wa ōkina mune o motte' d'you see ?
The look she gave was enough to teach me I was using inappropriate language.
I felt dead chuffed

Sorry to deviate from the original topic. Back to 'this' please

AuntAgonist

Plastic fan
Apr 29, 2011
Well, I says to this Jap. bird ; 'Oki mune. (as an abbreviation of 'kanojo wa ōkina mune o motte' d'you see ?
The look she gave was enough to teach me I was using inappropriate language.
I felt dead chuffed

Sorry to deviate from the original topic. Back to 'this' please

Kore.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
As a newbie I don't understand the point of posting a quote with the comment "this" after it. I presume it means you agree with the above comment but its desparately irritating to read, a waste of time and space and totally pointless.
Does it annoy others on NSC? Yes I know what's coming in any replies.

JCL having a bleating.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports