Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Do Motorcyclists Drive Between Lanes 2 and 3?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Yamaha_CT175_1971.jpg

My BIKE:cool:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We were getting close to the junction with the A27 so people were beginning to change lanes. I guess we were doing 30-40 mph. For me the acid test is, could you imagine a police motorbike performing the same manoeuvre? If the answer is no, then it is not good road craft.

There are plenty of car drivers who do stupid things, do you start threads on them?

Only two nights ago a car came so fast down my road and hit a small island in the middle of the road. He then propelled into the air and wrote off two cars in addition to his own. Three ambulences, two fire engines and two cop cars.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
There are plenty of car drivers who do stupid things, do you start threads on them?

Only two nights ago a car came so fast down my road and hit a small island in the middle of the road. He then propelled into the air and wrote off two cars in addition to his own. Three ambulences, two fire engines and two cop cars.
Crazy driving!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
motorbike riders are far more diligent than car drivers,far more awareness and vision

you'll see very few knobheads on a bike,plenty driving cars

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
motorbike riders are far more diligent than car drivers,far more awareness and vision

Hmmm. I imagine there's a fair few people who are going to disagree with you on that one.

Or at least say that it's one thing to have that awareness and vision, and another to use it.

Truth is, there are many, many poor drivers around, using whatever sort of vehicle they choose.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

The point is motor cyclists will always come off badly in any accident regardless of who is to blame.
If they take risks then they will cop it---simples.

The reason I gave up my Yamaha 175 was because a car pulled across me at St Peters Church/The Level junction in 1976.
I was splattered like strawberry jam across both lanes and narrowly missed a bus which ran over my full face helmet that flew off on impact,as did my shoes.
My back/legs nearly 40 years later still bear the scars.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

I am certainly more careful while I am riding my bike than I am in my car as I know that the consequences of ****ing up on 2 wheels are far greater than when I am on 4.

In response to the original post I 'filter' when I am on my bike in heavy & slow traffic and when I'm in my car I pull over to let bikers filter past me.

At low speeds it is perfectly safe.

Doing the same on the outer lane of the M25 at 90 plus probably not so safe!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

You'll see very few knobheads on a bike ? ???
I'm guessing you don't drive in Sussex on a Sunday now you live in France.

Seriously though, near enough every motorcyclist I see on the road during the week seem to be sensible, on a Sunday a different breed seem to come out, mostly knobheads.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The point is motor cyclists will always come off badly in any accident regardless of who is to blame.
If they take risks then they will cop it---simples.

The reason I gave up my Yamaha 175 was because a car pulled across me at St Peters Church/The Level junction in 1976.
I was splattered like strawberry jam across both lanes and narrowly missed a bus which ran over my full face helmet that flew off on impact,as did my shoes.
My back/legs nearly 40 years later still bear the scars.

having been a biker agree with you. You have to super alert but even then it'snot always in your hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here