Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why didn't we take the second half corner?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought their defender kicked it out because he had Buckley breathing down his neck in the box rather than it being cleared to allow their injured player to get treatment.

That's what I thought.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agree if the player was injured there was every opportunity to kick it out for a throw. Felt we should have taken the corner although suspect the ref would immediately have seen a push by an Albion player and awarded Wednesday a free kick

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is one thing about modern football that makes my blood boil. The defender kicked it out to stop Buckley running through to get a shot on goal. Was it a head injury no, had the player stopped breathing no, where in the rules does it say when you win a corner it's sporting conduct to kick it out for a throwing because a player has a poorly leg.

I accept play should stop for a "real" head injury or where clearly a player is in distress but that is it. It's not cricket, the sooner the rules are changed to let a trainer onto the pitch while play is going on like rugby the sooner this cheating will stop.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Giving the ball back after an apparent injury is bollocks, just take the corner / throw in as normal and expect the opposition to do the same.If the ref decides to stop the game and restart with a drop ball ****ing well compete for it, players will soon realise and using unconvincing injuries as a get out of jail card. it's supposed to be a competetive game... compete for everything!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Though if the ball is in play, which technically it would have been and we haven't done anything wrong in terms of the laws of the game, can he tell us what to do?

If we had said "sorry ref, we're taking it," what action could he have taken?

Knowing the ref , dished out another red card. Referees should be considering a drop ball in these instances.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The directives are quite clear: the ref will halt play if he believes a player is seriously injured and requires immediate medical attention.

Ref and asst ref both had a clear view of the incident and concluded that the player was NOT seriously injured (quite correctly as at best he had a touch of cramp and at worst he was totally feigning injury).

Wednesday had posession and only when we closed them down did one of their players hack the ball into the North Stand.

1-0 down. Down to ten men. One of few attacking opportunities.

Buckley taps it out for a Wednesday throw.

Shameful. Truly shameful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here