[Albion] "Why did you let it bounce?"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
What a fantastic clip. Best version of the goal i've seen.

It's like a good film. The cheering palace fans giving it to the Brighton fans only for twist at the end. The silence after the goal. Love it.

The blue flare on the deck is like the cherry on top.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
This video was posted on another thread. Our goal is scored around the 8:00 mark. I reckon Duffy goes running behind Maupay, jumps up in the air a couple of times in front of the Albion fans, continues past the incoming Sanchez and then resumes the ear-cupping as he heads (out of shot) past the Palace fans further down the side of the pitch - all without stopping!!!

Absolute legend!

Exactly what happened. He ended up being the only player in our half, stood ears cupped in front of the holmesdale.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This video was posted on another thread. Our goal is scored around the 8:00 mark. I reckon Duffy goes running behind Maupay, jumps up in the air a couple of times in front of the Albion fans, continues past the incoming Sanchez and then resumes the ear-cupping as he heads (out of shot) past the Palace fans further down the side of the pitch - all without stopping!!!

Absolute legend!

Hadn’t seen that video yet but the local swearing and sudden halt in singing is even better as it’s from closer to the Holmesdale spackers:

‘….and where you go we’ll follow; we’ll follow; we’ll follow. Coz we support the palace; the…. OH SHIT!!!!’

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Why did you let it bounce?"

Absolute legend!

It’s interesting to see Duffy’s reaction to McArthur’s attempt to intimidate Sanchez from 8:18.

He is was so cool and laid back as he took Sanchez to one side and got a shove from another Palace scum for his troubles.

Sanchez had the last laugh though as he taunted the knuckle dragging fans by the tunnel.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic stuff.

If you listen closely 'why did you let it bounce ?' is followed by ''You silly c***'

One of the very best things about this goal is that it stemmed from Guiata buying a free kick to waste time by holding on to his shoulder after he and Duffy came together in the air, and he shanked the free kick straight to Veltman. Poetic justice

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

This

I’ve been laughing all day…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As brilliant as it is I do feel sorry for that photographer. Poor chap caught in that mayhem.

Hope he, and his gear, is ok.

I'm a photographer and I don't have a shred of sympathy for him, anyone rolling around like a dying swan, not once, but twice when he should be photographing the scenes of carnage around him gets nothing but contempt from me. FFS do your job man... :blush:

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Any chance of changing the #teamslikebrighton on the main banner to "Why'd you let it bounce?!" for a week in honour of the goal? ��

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm a photographer and I don't have a shred of sympathy for him, anyone rolling around like a dying swan, not once, but twice when he should be photographing the scenes of carnage around him gets nothing but contempt from me. FFS do your job man... :blush:

I’m sort of with you there but his lens was far too large to get the players right by him. Why he wasn’t reaching for the 24-70 is anybody’s guess.

Tch!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Having watched it several dozen times I find it can get fresh amusement from imagining the screaming banshee off camera to be Zaha.

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
What a great video. So many nuances to pay attention to. Really-really enjoyable. And I am not even from Brighton/Sussex/England (supporter for some 20 years though).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just noticed as Maupay makes it to our fans , the electronic hoarding has the word "OWNED" displayed back to their fans.

Nice of Palace to troll their own fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Palace should be concerned that Brighton's 3 best opportunities last night came from simple long balls over the top, route 1 football.

Fingers crossed they do not fix this.

As Dunk would say, Ssshhh.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] can we have a finger to the lips emoji added so we can use it for the Palace visitors here?
https://emojipedia.org/emoji/🤫/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports