Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why change a winning formation ?

TaxiRichieUK

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
We'll struggle against Charlton more than we did against Leicester. Charlton are fighting for their Championship lives and without even seeing them recently you just KNOW they'll attack our goal with more purpose than we attack theirs. The Albion have a long and unchequered record of getting crap result in games against teams at the bottom immediately after getting fantastic results against teams at the top. Depends which Albion turns out on Saturday :shrug:

Well isnt that the responsiblity of OG and Jones, even if they dont change the line up, surely they mentally prepare the players of the risks before the game ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well isnt that the responsiblity of OG and Jones, even if they dont change the line up, surely they mentally prepare the players of the risks before the game ?

You'd like to think they do that every game. But too many games we've come out like it's a training exercise. Shit teams turn up expecting to be PUMMELLED then after about ten minutes of no-show Albion they think 'Hang on, we can WIN this'. Seen it practically every home game this season.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This a thousand times this. The amount of times people regurgitated this "fact" when the player himself was giving interviews to the Argus saying he was fit to start games. In a season that has had its frustrations, the treatment of LuaLua has been the main one

He's failry injury prone though isn't he? Just like all of our main creative attacking forces unfortunately.

He's failry injury prone though isn't he? Just like all of our main creative attacking forces unfortunately.

But I've never quite understood the difference between playing him for say 35mins inc. injury time in the second half - which apparently he is fit for - and playing him from the start but subbing him early in the second half, which apparently will devastate him fitness wise.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I think Oscar has already hinted that Kaz may not start automatically next game. The fact that he mentioned about Kaz understanding how to play away from home implies that he may have different ideas about the Charlton starting eleven.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It better be the same team.

(Barring injuries of course)

I do not want to turn up and see JFC, Spanish Dave or Rodriguez starting.

I think Oscar has already hinted that Kaz may not start automatically next game. The fact that he mentioned about Kaz understanding how to play away from home implies that he may have different ideas about the Charlton starting eleven.

If we get either of the Davids back in his place, I'm betting the mood will be restless. Buckley, OK

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
I've just seen your run and reckon you'll make play offs. Teams that sneak in through the back door tend to do well. I for the record would like to see Brighton in the Premiership, I miss our games and we could do with the guaranteed 6 points next season :smile:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This a thousand times this. The amount of times people regurgitated this "fact" when the player himself was giving interviews to the Argus saying he was fit to start games. In a season that has had its frustrations, the treatment of LuaLua has been the main one

But I've never quite understood the difference between playing him for say 35mins inc. injury time in the second half - which apparently he is fit for - and playing him from the start but subbing him early in the second half, which apparently will devastate him fitness wise.

These quotes are taken from an interview with Kazenga in the Argus on January 8th:-

Kazenga LuaLua is still carrying a knee injury after surgery. Albion's explosive winger says his right knee is fine after an operation but he is still troubled by tendonitis in his left knee.

The tendon problem has troubled LuaLua all season and makes it difficult for him to play a full part in two matches in quick succession.

LuaLua told The Argus: "I still have the tendonitis in my left knee. The surgery was on my right knee. I still have the tendon, it's not like it's over. It's still ongoing.

Maybe Oscar and his medical team know a little more about LuaLua's ongoing fitness and injury issues than some bloke on a message board?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I've just seen your run and reckon you'll make play offs. Teams that sneak in through the back door tend to do well. I for the record would like to see Brighton in the Premiership, I miss our games and we could do with the guaranteed 6 points next season :smile:

It will be close, but having just done the predictor, I have Bournemouth coming 6th.

Incredible run they're on at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here