NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
stad.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Once saw "FECK - Irish Connection" on a T - Shirt. Made me laugh.

...Just though I would share it with you.

There is a Wankie Game Reserve in Zimbabwe I believe.

The town of Wankie was renamed in 1982 to Hwange , part of the transition of removing colonial links and connotations to Rhodesia under the auspices of Mr Mugabe.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
This idea about removing swear words has two benefits. It doesn't subject younger users to the same words they hear in the playground at school and it shows the user of such words, has such a low vocabulary that they spent too much time listening to these words at school rather than learning cleaner alternatives???

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
If you use predictive text to type F**K*N C**T it comes out as DUBLIN AUNT.

I have often described people since as Dublin Aunts with impunity....

This idea about removing swear words has two benefits. It doesn't subject younger users to the same words they hear in the playground at school and it shows the user of such words, has such a low vocabulary that they spent too much time listening to these words at school rather than learning cleaner alternatives???

I've never understood this theory. Surely using obscenities displays an INCREASED vocabulary, with such words being in addition to 'cleaner alternatives'?

Back on topic, I find it interesting that the word f*ggot is banned, yet terms such as Paki, ****** and coon seem acceptable. ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Mr. Brain's 6 Pork ******s

That's too short for sausages. Or did you mean c***s and make it too long? I know you can eat pig fairly much nose to tail but I've yet to see the tv chef who's brave enough to champion pig fanny.

Strike that. I've just read Fearnly-Whittingstall has prepared a whole series on it.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My phone wont let me type tw@t with the proper a, it comes out as 4 full stops but i have seen it written on here loads of times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've never understood this theory. Surely using obscenities displays an INCREASED vocabulary, with such words being in addition to 'cleaner alternatives'?

Back on topic, I find it interesting that the word f*ggot is banned, yet terms such as Paki, ****** and coon seem acceptable. ???

The fact that the installed swear filter does not pick something up, does NOT automatically mean that it is acceptable to use. None of those three are acceptable to use here. Another is spastic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The fact that the installed swear filter does not pick something up, does NOT automatically mean that it is acceptable to use. None of those three are acceptable to use here. Another is spastic.

How about cockjugglingthunderc**t

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

It's only an increased vocabulary if used in conjunction with alternatives, but rarely is.
Certain words we find offensive, derogatory and insulting may not be seen as vituperation in other cultures. Google, being slightly American, will pick up on what it regards as a no no, over there. That's my take on it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here