Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why can't I cook long grain rice as well as I can easy-cook?

Wow, such a myriad of suggestions!
Then without taking off the lid place the saucepan on damp tea towel for 5 more minutes..
Do you mean just put it somewhere it won't damage (like a cold hotplate?)
1 cup of rice
2 cups cold water
Bring to boil
Turn off heat and cover pan
Leave for 30 mins Job done.
I followed this but it was only slightly better. I'll try a different one next time.
Nowrich City
That could refer to Manchester City :)
I just pay the extra 50p for 2kg of easy cook. Life is too short to faff about :)
Money's short too! LG rice has been 40p/kg in the main supermarkets for months now. Around 2008 I used to get a 4kg bag of easy cook from Safeway for £1.85. Several weeks later it was £4.85! Still around that level now :(

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
No. A damp tea towel is what I was shown some years ago so that is what I do! Actually I think it stops it sticking to the bottom of the pan whilst it continues to steam for five mins. Good luck!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Wash rice two or three times. For 1 cup of rice add 1.5 cups of boiling water. Bring back to the boil, put on a tight fitting lid and put in over at 180 for 12 minutes.
Fork through then re-cover for 2 minutes, fork through again and Robert is a close relation on your maternal side.
Same technique for all (non-brown) rice - basmati, jasmine, etc. Works perfectly every time.
For a change, fry some whole garlic and whole spices(cardamom, cloves, cinnamon etc) in oil, stir the rice through to coat, add a bay leaf and then add the water and cook as before. Fab with just a tomato/chili sauce or curry.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
go to chinese, order egg fried rice. simples.

all the above recipes seem to totally miss the egg part.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here