Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why call the police

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I got burgled a few years ago in the middle of the night, while I was in. The Police/CPS didn't need to do anything as I'm sure it was punishment enough to be greeted by me at the inner door to my flat, stark b*llock naked, screaming I was going to "f*ck him up". At the time I meant hit him for breaking in, but looking back I could see how he may have seen things!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Triggaaar you normally talk sense
Flattery will get you everywhere.
but --- does your wife live with you and why would the burglar think twice if he's been LET OFF
??? He's not been let off, he's been given discharge :moo:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I got burgled a few years ago in the middle of the night, while I was in. The Police/CPS didn't need to do anything as I'm sure it was punishment enough to be greeted by me at the inner door to my flat, stark b*llock naked, screaming I was going to "f*ck him up". At the time I meant hit him for breaking in, but looking back I could see how he may have seen things!
I getcha - morning glory.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's always worth notifying the Police of all crimes like this, even if nothing stolen, as the Police build a profile of locations, days of the week and they know most suspects ... they piece it all together and covertly catch the lowlife.

I wholeheartedly agree with this piece of advice. This time last year our street had some serious anti-social behaviour issues. I worked with Sussex Police, council teams and local councillors to try and combat it. The overwhelming advice was to get ALL instances reported to the police however minor. It allows them to build a full picture. Many of my neighbours were elderly so were nervous of reporting things. After I visited every single neighbour personally to explain the process and benefits of reporting the number of reports to the police went up over 1000%. The result was Sussex Police were then able to divert more resources to the area - plain clothes officers, extra uniformed patrols, house visits etc. This solved the problems we were having.

The police have finite resources ( as do the council ) and sad though it may be, you have to fight to get those resources allocated your way. Reporting everything is a decent tool in that battle.

I wholeheartedly agree with this piece of advice. This time last year our street had some serious anti-social behaviour issues. I worked with Sussex Police, council teams and local councillors to try and combat it. The overwhelming advice was to get ALL instances reported to the police however minor. It allows them to build a full picture. Many of my neighbours were elderly so were nervous of reporting things. After I visited every single neighbour personally to explain the process and benefits of reporting the number of reports to the police went up over 1000%. The result was Sussex Police were then able to divert more resources to the area - plain clothes officers, extra uniformed patrols, house visits etc. This solved the problems we were having.

The police have finite resources ( as do the council ) and sad though it may be, you have to fight to get those resources allocated your way. Reporting everything is a decent tool in that battle.

This completely. So many things I come across through work can/will be dealt with if you actually trouble to report them, make sure you log a reference and keep chasing!.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was out around 11pm walking the dogs earlier in the year and saw a drunk walking towards me. He wandered off a side road, which I also took and he tried to burgle a house. The noise woke the house holders and I saw him running out. He dropped a bottle he was carrying and the police matched his finger prints. I pulled him out in a video line up and he has still pleaded not-guilty. Not heard anything from the police for months. Hopefully, when it gets near court he will change his plea to guilty, he will get done and i won't have to go to court!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
True story. ....got burgled twice in the same week by the same scrote, the police found my stuff in his flat and he gets a conditional discharge. ...

I can understand that because prisons are full not all offenses will carry a prison sentence, but there should be local searchable website that names them with a mug shot.

At the moment they can just carry on as if nothing has happened so there needs to be some sort of public humiliation attached to them if they are found guilty of an offense. It wouldn’t cost much to do something like this and it may deter others from committing them in the first place.

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
True story. ....got burgled twice in the same week by the same scrote, the police found my stuff in his flat and he gets a conditional discharge. ...

The police did there job then, they investigated, found your items and arrested the offender.........think it's the crown prosecution service you should be moaning about!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here