Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you playing on a Friday?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
dont understand why sussex couldn't move their move in day to the sunday, a lot of universities move in on the sunday and start on the monday, why have 2 days of moving in ffs!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
dont understand why sussex couldn't move their move in day to the sunday, a lot of universities move in on the sunday and start on the monday, why have 2 days of moving in ffs!

I don't know ANY fresher at any Uni that moved in on a Sunday.

Imagine your first evening of getting absolutely smashed being a SUNDAY. Dire!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I don't know ANY fresher at any Uni that moved in on a Sunday.

Imagine your first evening of getting absolutely smashed being a SUNDAY. Dire!

I moved in on a sunday! :facepalm: it shouldn't matter, you get SMASHED in the SU bar on the first day and then go and hit town the next day, you couldnt do that if it was a saturday

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
We're playing on Friday so we can be top of the table for 15 hours. Then all those punters who backed us to be top in September can collect their winnings. Cant wait

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When did universities start having Freshers Weeks. When I went in 1977, I arrived on Weds evening, spent Thursday finding my feet and then registered on Friday. Lots of people I didn't arrive until the Thursday

And on Saturday I went to Sunderland and saw Brighton win 2-0 and go to top of Div 2 so I didn't do any drinking at all

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm hoping there is even the slightest chance of it being shown on tv abroad? Watched bits of Swindon vs Orient in a girly bar in Thailand and the girls try anything they can to distract you. Easy enough from that rubbish, but if it's Albion they will have to try bloody hard..... which could be fun :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm hoping there is even the slightest chance of it being shown on tv abroad? Watched bits of Swindon vs Orient in a girly bar in Thailand and the girls try anything they can to distract you. Easy enough from that rubbish, but if it's Albion they will have to try bloody hard..... which could be fun :thumbsup:

Why do they want to distract you?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
When did universities start having Freshers Weeks. When I went in 1977, I arrived on Weds evening, spent Thursday finding my feet and then registered on Friday. Lots of people I didn't arrive until the Thursday

And on Saturday I went to Sunderland and saw Brighton win 2-0 and go to top of Div 2 so I didn't do any drinking at all

They certainly did in 1994 when I went. Mum and Dad dropped me off on a very wet Sunday in Manchester. I waved them off and then went and got smashed that night and everyday for the next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here