Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we loaning ANOTHER midfield player?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when it is BLATANTLY obvious we need a striker?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Usually I would be unhappy about this. However a young talented attacking midfielder who every time i've seen I've been impressed with, pleases me.
Also a longer loan deal so that is a good signing in my opinion...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
can nobody on here read Micky has and is tryng to bring in a striker but for various reasons that has not materalised so he has got the next best thing a goal scoring midfielder.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
can nobody on here read Micky has and is tryng to bring ina stiker but for various reasons that has not materalised so he has got the next best thing a goal scoring midfielder.

everyone can, but the problem is we have one in Thornton, who is on the bench after impressing in the majority of his appearances.

People say he is unfit, but how fit is Johnson when he has played 1 game all season for Leeds?

Both players are left footed, attack minded and on loan to us

woody257

Jun 2, 2008
Brighton
I believe that Adams is trying to get a striker however, he has not managed it yet but will. I believe that Johnson is a good addition to the squad. I am hoping he'll get a chance to play tomorrow and not start on the bench.

Can see thornton ,savage going by the end of next week ... anyinsah possibly staying ( dependant on whether preston have been watching ) an this Johnson does get high praise from leeds fans .
The thing is in the heady days of westlake and racon we had a midfield ... loaned and low and behold its happening again !!! If we brought livermore for his championship experience and Mcloud for his pace ( well it worked in the pre season ) then play them again till it works .....

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Can see thornton ,savage going by the end of next week ... anyinsah possibly staying ( dependant on whether preston have been watching ) an this Johnson does get high praise from leeds fans .
The thing is in the heady days of westlake and racon we had a midfield ... loaned and low and behold its happening again !!! If we brought livermore for his championship experience and Mcloud for his pace ( well it worked in the pre season ) then play them again till it works .....

:laugh: you've never seen him play, have you? you can't have.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
when it is BLATANTLY obvious we need a striker?

Oh god another thread on this. I'm sure Adams is well aware we need a stiker, do you possibly think he has or is trying to get one?? Yes I'm sure he is. But in the mean time we have a good midfielder on loan (attacking, which is what we need) yes perhaps Thornton is but there have been ideas that he's not fit. I'd understand if it was a CB he got in, but it's a player we need.

Can people not just be happy that we're getting players in?

The fact we are getting players in is that the situation has got bad but it should have been more quality at the start of the season .... and no i wont get dragged in to the mayo, hart resigning saga .
This Johnson looks like he has pedigree wait till he has played a few league games

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Oh god another thread on this. I'm sure Adams is well aware we need a stiker, do you possibly think he has or is trying to get one?? Yes I'm sure he is. But in the mean time we have a good midfielder on loan (attacking, which is what we need) yes perhaps Thornton is but there have been ideas that he's not fit. I'd understand if it was a CB he got in, but it's a player we need.

Can people not just be happy that we're getting players in?

this new chap has played ONE game all season - is he really going to be any fitter than thornton? and it is all very well having an attacking midfielder in, but it seems a bit of a waste if we are relying on a centre back playing as a lone striker to convert the chances he will be carving out

we are going through loan players at an alarming rate, and NONE of them seem to be making that much difference, with the exception of richards, which is only down to the fact we have NO other left backs

is there still a limit on the number of loans we can have in a season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here