Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The George by the station is pretty good. Not cheap though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why are there no decent hotels in Huddersfield

Just a wild stab, but I'd say its probably because nobody actually WANTS to stay in Huddersfield.
Ever.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have just done a search via late rooms for hotels in / near Huddersfield, and there seems to be quite a few reasonably priced decent hotels about.

Depends what you are wanting i suppose.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Avoid Cedar Court, worst hotel I have ever stayed in and also got food posioning there, apart from that, its fine ???

There is a Great Western just outside on way to Elland and that is ok

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have only stayed once in that part of the World and used the Radisson SAS...no it isn't a crack branch of the Leeds Yeomanry but a very nice hotel right near the city centre...it is smart and probably isn't that cheap, you might get a very good deal there if you hunt around online, which is possibly the best place to start anyway. From memory Huddersfield is only a short distance from Leeds and it is probably the nearest place worth staying if you want to make a weekend of it.

Easy 10;2900024Just a wild stab said:
It's a great town. A couple of absolutely top-notch Indian restaurants, beautiful countryside around, kingfishers on the canal, and (for the trivia fans) 3rd only to Bristol and the City of London in numbers of listed buildings. Outside the generalities, it is also host to Britain's leading contemporary music festival which attracts loads of serious music fans.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I have just done a search via late rooms for hotels in / near Huddersfield, and there seems to be quite a few reasonably priced decent hotels about.

Depends what you are wanting i suppose.

We Checked out late rooms. There were quite a few hotels to choose from but from reading the reviews they were grim.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The George by the station is pretty good. Not cheap though

The home of Rugby League is the George! Where the rules and formation of the game was developed.

What about the Hilton/ Holiday Inn on the edge of town.

There is a couple of nice hotels in Mirfield.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there is a really nice place that is a big secret......

its called the Ye Olde Pepper Pot,and is a pub B&B on the road to Sheffield.

We stayed there when we used to visit family in Hudds. The rooms are comfortable, the food fabulous and the breakfasts even when I was a greedy fat bastard were so large I couldn't eat it all.

You could also go North to York and North Yorkshire....bit of a drive but wonderful countryside

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
One of the bathrooms at the George :lol:

Attachments

• caption.jpg
    caption.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 192

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports