Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why are summer series games at stupid times?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Newcastle one on Saturday, half past midnight - that’s like 7:30 kick off in the US.

Why couldn’t they have been 12:30 lunchtime kick off and been on a reasonable time here?

Absolute bullshit.
I would have thought the hosts would have the preference.

People work and go to school in the US and is hotter there

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Well I'm relatively happy with the kick-off time as it's 08:30 AM in my local time :wink: Usual league games start from like 00:30 or 04:30 AM in Asia.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Newcastle one on Saturday, half past midnight - that’s like 7:30 kick off in the US.

Why couldn’t they have been 12:30 lunchtime kick off and been on a reasonable time here?

Absolute bullshit.
Same reason we don’t kick off at 3pm on a Friday I guess

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Absolute bullshit.
Wish I had some Pringles in.

Pro ably is/was/would be a Brexit voter.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
At the end of the day, we’re in the centre of the world map and it’s not our fault they were born elsewhere. Bit selfish of them really.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Great idea, play the games in the intense heat and reduce the game to walking pace, just so you don't have to stay up late or watch the rerun the following day at a more acceptable time.

Today was one of the hottest days in many years in Chicago, I'm sure it's similar in New Jersey. I have a feeling that the players are very grateful they didn't play this game during the daylight hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here