Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are Hull City signing a striker from Burgess Hill?

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Problem being that our chairman had a hand in getting Wilkins sacked. Which pi$$ed Chappers off and lead to him falling out of love with football for some time. So, not surprised he's not doing the Albion a favour.

Wilkins got sacked because he was a poor manager! Done nothing to prove otherwise since he left! Chapman still loves the Albion and would love one of his finds to thrive in the blue and white stripes!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Last time I checked Hull were in the Premier League ? Our fans are mystified with a signing of an established Football League striker Chris O'Grady but they want us to take a punt on someone from Burgess Hill [emoji23]

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Correct....there are apparently posts about how much he 'hates the Amex, hates Brighton' etc. i haven't seen them though and CBA to look.

I've just been through his Twitter feed and there's no mention of Brighton or the Amex.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If he has "slipped through our fingers" then its a f**king disgrace.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's always frustrating when local lads make it elsewhere. We used to have good local scouts but you get the impression that we are now a bit billy big bollocks and look too far afield when the gems are under our noses. I really hope that when the acadamy really gets established there will be good mechanisms whereby local talent will get its chance and give us some more local players in the team.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Wilkins got sacked because he was a poor manager! Done nothing to prove otherwise since he left! Chapman still loves the Albion and would love one of his finds to thrive in the blue and white stripes!

Who finished 7th in his one and only season in charge playing a large number of local/youth team players. You may be right in that Chapman would be happy to have one of his (Ashley Carr's) youngsters breaking through. But I guarantee he's still extremely pissed off with Bloom about how Wilkins was treated.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If he has "slipped through our fingers" then its a f**king disgrace.

It has already been established that we tried to get him, but he's signed for a Premier League club. Where is the disgrace in that? We were always going to lose out.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
It has already been established that we tried to get him, but he's signed for a Premier League club. Where is the disgrace in that? We were always going to lose out.

We should have taken him ages ago (possibly years), not ending up competing with a pl team

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Last time I checked Hull were in the Premier League ? Our fans are mystified with a signing of an established Football League striker Chris O'Grady but they want us to take a punt on someone from Burgess Hill [emoji23]

Solly March

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton

Couldn't we have offered a straight swap? At least one of them appears to have some future potential.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We should have taken him ages ago (possibly years), not ending up competing with a pl team

How do we know that he would be good enough 'years ago'?

I'm pleased that the kid gets a chance to develop with a PL team - but that doesn't mean he'll succeed. I'm sure if we took him on and he didn't make it people would still complain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Due to different peoples opinions it is obvious and no disgrace that a player slips through, there have been many examples of Sussex born youngsters making it at other clubs. The most well known being Peter Bonnetti some years ago, Brian Yeo at Gillingham and more recently Marcus Tudgay and a player from Norwich ? Martin and Simon Rodgers at CPFC.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
How do we know he showed enough talent then, or that we didn't try?

We should have spotted him before Hull, end of.

If we tried before he would have chose full time development squad with top coaching and facilities over county league.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

If we tried before he would have chose full time development squad with top coaching and facilities over county league.

Why should we? Perhaps he didn't want to join? Perhaps we didn't think he's good enough (and playing well in the County league isn't any indication) or perhaps Hull are more willing to take the risk than we are. As I said earlier, if we had taken him on then released him as he didn't develop as we hoped, then people would be complaining about us wasting time and money on shit kids.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

According to another poster, we did. Our facilities have only been open since June of this year. How long have Hull been keeping tabs on him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here