Why are Derby odds AGAINST winning at Crawley?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
All the bookies have Derby as odds against winning in 90 minutes, which I think is ridiculous. In fact 5 of them have them at 5-4, worth a few quid of anyone's money. One of them even have Crawley 2-1 to win in 90 mins - appalling odds!
Crawley v Derby betting odds | Full-time Result | FA Cup

Or have I got this wrong? I thought cup bets were always 90 mins, but this site states "full time result" - even better value for a Derby win.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Perhaps Derby are playing the ressies.

A trip to Torquay is hardly an enticing incenctive, although it does give a decent chance of making the 5th round.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
All the bookies have Derby as odds against winning in 90 minutes, which I think is ridiculous. In fact 5 of them have them at 5-4, worth a few quid of anyone's money. One of them even have Crawley 2-1 to win in 90 mins - appalling odds!Or have I got this wrong? I thought cup bets were always 90 mins, but this site states "full time result" - even better value for a Derby win.

Don't quite understand your post. But its perfectly clear on bet365.com.

Over 90 minutes...

Crawley Town v Derby

Crawley win 2/1
Draw 12/5
Derby win 13/10

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Full time result is 90 mins.

But you are right, Derby do look a decent price.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Derby not to win on Betfair right now is 7/5

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
DERBY COUNTY

Current form

• Won one of seven.

• Not lost in 2011, but ended 2010 on a five match losing run.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Don't quite understand your post. But its perfectly clear on bet365.com.

Over 90 minutes...
My link doesn't state what "full time" means.

But even in the last few minutes Derby's odds have been drifting, 12BET have them at an amazing 11-8 against.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Derby not to win on Betfair right now is 7/5
So I could have £95 on that bet, plus £96 with 12BET for Derby to win. This would give a £228 payout for either eventuality with a £37 guaranteed profit. Hmmm......... something wrong somewhere.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So I could have £95 on that bet, plus £96 with 12BET for Derby to win. This would give a £228 payout for either eventuality with a £37 guaranteed profit. Hmmm......... something wrong somewhere.

Nope, that is how it works, you have to be quick to get your bets in to ensure the prices, and if Derby did win you have to pay out on Betfair, so you have to have enough in your account to cover that eventuality. It's quite tricky jugglling it, but I have made money out of it doing so in the past.

Update, they are 6/4 not to win now

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Derby concede a lot of goals but should have too much class for Crawley. I'm thinking of having a decent wager on the Rams. A 3-1 scoreline at 16/1 is massive.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef

I believe it is called arbitrage betting,you have to be quick but over a season there are plenty of times when if you keep an eye on the market with various bookies you can beat the market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports