Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are chavs generally so angry?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't know. I have brushed shoulders with many a person and it usually ends up with a ping-pong rally of apologies. The only time I have been threatened was by a 'chav'.

"D'ya want a bottle in ya face, mate?" "Surprisingly no, thanks for the offer."

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
I recently moved to Portsmouth, within the first 2 weeks I was assulted by 4 chavs. This evening, in pretty much the same place 3 chavs "you got a fag" i reply "no I dont smoke" and pushed past him as he had cornered me. He slapped me around the back of the head but it was nothing major but I was convinced I was going to get another beating

What are these people getting out of this? If you want to mug me, do it, i can sort of understand the point but just beating me up for the sake of it, where is the purpose?

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I'd be angry too if my mummy permenantly made me dress in polyester mis-matched tracksuits and crappy branded baseball caps

The Offspring

Resident Guitar Shredder
Jul 8, 2004
Hants/Wilts Border
I recently moved to Portsmouth, within the first 2 weeks I was assulted by 4 chavs. This evening, in pretty much the same place 3 chavs "you got a fag" i reply "no I dont smoke" and pushed past him as he had cornered me. He slapped me around the back of the head but it was nothing major but I was convinced I was going to get another beating

What are these people getting out of this? If you want to mug me, do it, i can sort of understand the point but just beating me up for the sake of it, where is the purpose?

Ever since dropping a gearbox on my foot at work and breaking a couple of bones, I have worn steel toe capped shoes or boots, they come in handy in these situations!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
All this is down to parenting. I love this country but it has gone down the drain as regards respect, doing the right thing and learning how to behave in certain situations. Its not going to change any time soon either. Until these parents start teaching the kids the right way to do things, its never going to get any better.

I was always told to say please, thank you, respect your elders, give your seat up for elderly people.
I'm probably considered to be a snob these days?

All this is down to parenting. I love this country but it has gone down the drain as regards respect, doing the right thing and learning how to behave in certain situations. Its not going to change any time soon either. Until these parents start teaching the kids the right way to do things, its never going to get any better.

I was always told to say please, thank you, respect your elders, give your seat up for elderly people.

How very old fashioned, but also probably very true as well.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
How very old fashioned, but also probably very true as well.

I'm 36 years old. Am I old fashioned for saying please and thank you, is that not what you should do lol.
If everyone did this a bit more especially the type of people you identify this country would be a much better place don't we agree?

Basic pecking order stuff. If you perceive that you're at the bottom of the heap, then you take any opportunity/sign of weakness in others to try and increase your status/self-perception.
Exactly this,
They are at the bottom of a rather large pile of shit and would like to climb it.
That and the fact that their old man is going to bum f*** them when they get in.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Having lived in Harlow, capital of Chavistan, for four years I can tell the reason why......

......it's back pain.

Constantly hunkering down in their car so that their head is parallel with the steering wheel, so the caps on their heads can just be seen over, causes too much pressure on their spines causing back pain. This is further excerbated by the amount of jewellery their chav girlriends wear when they are on top or up against a wall. As painkillers are considered poxy by chavs the pain is constant... hence the need to neck as many bottles as poss.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's all about community, and the lack of it these days.

Here in Lyme everyone knows each other and on the way to walk everyone will say 'Hey Crodo, Good Morning', this is respect for your local community, if any kids were anti social their parents would be informed and they would be given a good clip round the ear.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
From my experience of working in a shop hearing, 'Come here you ****' and 'Shut the f*** up' probably doesn't do them any good growing up!

I reckon a lot of it is because their parents are so angry, and it becomes a part of their personality. Then it just continues as these kids then have kids of their own and the anger persists.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Emphatically THIS ^^

It will only get worse as all the little pikey scratters keep procreating to get more benefits. We need a programme of systemic sterilisation to nip it in the bud before they take over!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here