Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Whose fault is this whole "not scoring goals" thing?

Whose fault is this whole "not scoring goals" thing?

• 100% Potter

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Mainly Potter

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Potter and the players equally

Votes: 92 36.9%
  • Mainly the players

Votes: 78 31.3%
  • 100% the players

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Ridiculous question you ****

Votes: 21 8.4%

• Total voters

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If our basic philosophy is to pass rather than shoot then the issue lies with our coaching.

Looking to see who might be in a better takes time and in the PL that often means the opportunity is gone.

We need selfish strikers who are desperate to increase their goal tally not good team players

Murray always used to give AK looks of contempt when he did not pass it to him even if the latter scored.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tbf Tony is probably the reason why this poll isnt "who is going to play left back against Scunthorpe next week?"

I agree but he’s also the reason we aren’t blessed with PL quality goal scorers. I am not complaining either, but I’m not the one having an aneurysm when we don’t win or even score.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
?!?
Capture.JPG

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I agree but he’s also the reason we aren’t blessed with PL quality goal scorers. I am not complaining either, but I’m not the one having an aneurysm when we don’t win or even score.

I know. Personally I find it charming with clubs that try to succeed (aka survivee) on a small budget in a tough league but obviously its not enough for some. Which is understandable of course but their loss really as its unlikely to change.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Who have a budget given by TB and it’ seems it’s not enough for goal scoring players. Is it time to poach Brentford’s recruitment team, his old rival seems to have a better algorithm? :wink:

Who seemed to piss it up the wall for 5 years on speculative punts like Locadia, AJ, Bernardo, Schelotto (sorry but it’s true), and others…..

We could have combined 2 or 3 of those fees and wages for a decent forward with a level of presence, so wouldn’t really blame Bloom for that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And I’d have gone 50% recruitment/50% players. Certainly not Potter.

IMO he gets the absolute maximum out of an incredibly average bunch of players, he needs better tools to work with.

But also, some of the consistent, regular misses from Maupay and others are just not really acceptable from professional players, they’re letting their manager down time and again and he does nothing but defend them. They should be working harder on the training ground or with a psychologist to get over this block they’ve got.

Potter literally is doing his best with what he has, but equally it is not as though the players aren’t trying, they are just not quite up to it from a consistency perspective.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ridiculous question.
I hate the expression but “we are where we are”.
Nobody’s happy about it and trying to apportion blame is counter-productive.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who seemed to piss it up the wall for 5 years on speculative punts like Locadia, AJ, Bernardo, Schelotto (sorry but it’s true), and others…..

We could have combined 2 or 3 of those fees and wages for a decent forward with a level of presence, so wouldn’t really blame Bloom for that.

Wages and the wage structure is the biggest obstacle. Jared Bowen was under £20m but he’s on £95k pw and we’re just not going to pay that. It puts many options where players are proven scorers, even in lower leagues out of our reach.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Wages and the wage structure is the biggest obstacle. Jared Bowen was under £20m but he’s on £95k pw and we’re just not going to pay that. It puts many options where players are proven scorers, even in lower leagues out of our reach.

And what was the average wage again?

I would suggest some of our players are nearing that amount.

Of course, the club is correct in being prudent, however whilst 13th is a fantastic achievement, if we do aspire for top 10, wages are not an issue that is going to go away any time soon…..

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And what was the average wage again?

I would suggest some of our players are nearing that amount.

Of course, the club is correct in being prudent, however whilst 13th is a fantastic achievement, if we do aspire for top 10, wages are not an issue that is going to go away any time soon…..

13th!

The season ain’t over yet.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I blame whoever is our attacking coach.

Whoever appointment the attacking coach

Whoever hasn't changed the way we coach our attackers.

It's not working.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I blame the club more than Potter. If we give him the tools and they they don’t perform then I blame him, however he doesn’t have the tools.

Also anyone who voted 100% Potter has an obvious agenda. When players can’t score penalties that’s not 100% on the manager.

Sorry, nothing personal, but I disagree, or maybe a different perspective?

Our manager is a brains man . . . He's turned flowers into mould in some instances, his dreamy performance art project no doubt works with the right cast but the reason we're failing is he can't get the right performance from the cast he has.

If he can't work with what he has he's failed. . . . .not to say he can't succeed, and I'm sure he can & will . . . But maybe not with us.

Our cast is a shakey-soap not Shakespeare . . .over there! not Othello

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Potter.

We're so slow, ponderous and predictable that other teams know how to beat us.

We have no plan B when we don't have a Webbo, White and BDB playing out from the back. True that 2 if the 3 were sold, but he must adapt our game to the players he's got available, or turn them into balls carrying CBs. He's not doing either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I blame whoever is our attacking coach.

Whoever appointment the attacking coach

Whoever hasn't changed the way we coach our attackers.

It's not working.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

#BrunoOut

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter.

We're so slow, ponderous and predictable that other teams know how to beat us.

We have no plan B when we don't have a Webbo, White and BDB playing out from the back. True that 2 if the 3 were sold, but he must adapt our game to the players he's got available, or turn them into balls carrying CBs. He's not doing either.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when he tells Shane Duffy to play like Adam Webster.

Would probably be entertaining, I give you that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here