Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Frank

image.jpeg

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Who replaced Pete Duel after he committed suicide?

Roger Davis, who also did the voiceover intro ...."Hannibal Hayes and Kid Curry, the two most successful outlaws in the history of the West. And in all the trains and banks they robbed they never shot anyone......."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nmxLeNd0ck

My favourite TV cowboys were probably Trampus out of "The Virginian" and Buck Cannon out of "The High Chapparal"

To be pedantic, these were actual cowboys as opposed to outlaws or western gunslingers although Smith and Jones might have taken the odd temporary position as cowhands in certain episodes, this was not their chosen profession, so strictly speaking they can't really be classified as "cowboys".

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
lonelyarethebrave.jpg
Kirky.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Rivierakid2.jpg

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[Yt]x_xmujSyxkU[/yt]

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Here's a western that slipped under the radar that I found interesting, "Dead Man" starring Johnny Depp. Quite surreal and with a great soundtrack by Neil Young. Also good cast including Robert Mitchum in his last role, John Hurt, Iggy Pop, Gabriel Byrne and Billy Bob Thornton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsUxQHq5BjA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Donald Cerrone

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hoss

Hoss.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me there can only be one winner. Struck me as utterly bizarre even in 1979, and has to be said it doesn't exactly get any less bizarre - not to mention outrageously politically incorrect - when unwittingly re-broadcast on TOTP2 in the following millennium...

or how about this:

'Tonto know that Kimosabi
Never ever have a woman
Tonto sometime stop and wonder
What the trip with great white brother
Maybe masked man he a poofter
Try it on with surly Tonto'

:ohmy:

Next line was 'Tonto, he don't mind' :ffsparr:

I bough the album because the bass player used to be in Caravan. John G Perry, who played on the immense 'For Girls Who Grow Plump in the Night'.

First saw them at Brighton Poly in 74. Last saw them in Canterbury a few years ago. Perry long gone . . . .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jessie James.....he was the BOSS in cowboy top trumps!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here