Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's turn is to ask if there's a live feed for the Charlton game?

Fada

Aug 5, 2014
Yes, clubs receive a fixed amount of money per season over the life of the contract, they also receive additional money when they are shown live on TV.

A few times per season a game may be shown live on TV, the next one for us is on Friday October 31st, when we play Bournemouth away. Live league games are shown on SKY TV sports channels. If there is an attractive cup draw then that is another opportunity for a game to be shown live. Other than that, it is highlights only on TV and via Seagulls Player.

Occasionally a game may be shown live abroad but not here in England.

Ok, i have to rely on those live score pages then. Thank you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The "are there any streams?" question is not quite as stupid as it may appear though. If the Albion are in the feature game on the Football League Show, the game is invariably shown live overseas, which means streams will be available. There seemed to be quite a few of these last season, but they don't become known until a day or so before the game itself.
If the same question only ever has the one exactly the same answer, every single time it's asked, when would you say it becomes a stupid question?

Is it on www.wiziwig.eu?
Answer yes then there's a stream.
Answer no then there isn't.

It's the NSC equivalent of 'are we there yet'?

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
If the same question only ever has the one exactly the same answer, every single time it's asked, when would you say it becomes a stupid question?

Is it on www.wiziwig.eu?
Answer yes then there's a stream.
Answer no then there isn't.

It's the NSC equivalent of 'are we there yet'?

Actually, that's not a definitive answer.
Sometimes matches are streamed solely on Bet 365 outside of the UK and aren't listed on Wiziwig or other similar sites.
From Australia I was able to watch about 3 or 4 these last season.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
Ok, i have to rely on those live score pages then. Thank you.

Highlights (often brief) are on the Football League show in England on Saturday evening, then BBC iplayer

I don't get to many games (+500 mile round trip for me) but if you ever get the chance the Amex is a fantastic day out, last game I went to was Sheffield Wednesday.

In the 1960s, controversial Burnley F.C. Chairman Bob Lord successfully convinced fellow Football League Chairmen that televised matches on a Saturday afternoon would have a negative effect on the attendances of other football league games that were not being televised and as a result reduce their financial income.

As a result The FA, Premier League and Football League do not want English matches to be televised live between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday within the United Kingdom.

The income from TV rights to Premier league sides is in the tens of millions for each club (depending on how often they are on) For the Championship several million (does someone know how much?) again depending on live games chosen.

Hope this helps and welcome,

:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually, that's not a definitive answer.
Sometimes matches are streamed solely on Bet 365 outside of the UK and aren't listed on Wiziwig or other similar sites.
From Australia I was able to watch about 3 or 4 these last season.
Looking out the window at the pi$$ing rain, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the majority of NSC isn't Australian.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Yes, just pop along to here.

amex-stadium-from-falmer-station-bridge.jpg

Thanks fella. Only trouble is, I will be getting me body brown and pissed :clap:on £1 pints in Greece on Sat

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Looking out the window at the pi$$ing rain, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say the majority of NSC isn't Australian.

Not just Australia, but there's a fair smattering of overseas supporters on NSC who are able to watch matches that Albion fans in the UK can't access, which new poster Fada from Finland didn't seem to be aware of.
And just for the record, looking out your window won't differentiate between our 2 countries at the moment as it's also pissing down here in Sydney.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here