Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who’s tuning into Arsenal fan tv later?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I agree it is, whats racist about that? Stereotypical maybe but nothing more. There was an equally ridiculous 'racism storm' when Millwall fans sung at him '3 for a fiver he sells 3 for a fiver' which to my 'shame' I found amusing.

There are lots of terms I probably haven't heard or don't understand, but that doesn't mean they aren't racist. Calling an Asian player 'DVD' because there used to be lots of Asian people selling DVDs in East London isn't stereotypical, it's racist because it's a false stereotype, based on their ethnicity. But I do get what you are saying.

There is a clip of Russell Peters (very famous Canadian / Indian comedian) doing a piece on Indians and Chinese people. He's going in big on historic stereotypes and its absolutely hilarious. It's actually pretty racist when I stop to think about it, but is that excused because it's comedy? Your example above of finding the "3 for a fiver" chant funny is along those lines for me - I would probably also find that funny at the time, but it probably wouldn't have crossed my mind that it's racist. I expect if I was the Asian player getting it shouted at me, I might not be so amused.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Claude from Arsenal Fan TV sacked for referring to Tottingham's Son as 'DVD'. :nono:

Disgusting abuse

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
https://www.skysports.com/football/...acist-slur-against-heung-min-son-made-on-aftv

The Gunners have distanced themselves from AFTV, which has over 1 million subscribers, and condemned the "unacceptable racist behaviour".

"We are aware of a video on social media in which an Arsenal supporter uses a racist slur towards Tottenham Hotspur's Son Heung-min during Sunday's match," they said in a statement.

"We operate a zero-tolerance approach to any form of discrimination and we unreservedly condemn this unacceptable racist behaviour.

"Our records show that the individual involved is not an Arsenal season-ticket holder and does not hold any form of ticket membership.

"The platform in question has no official association with Arsenal."

So this Claude bloke isn't even a member, let alone a season ticket holder? Did he just hang around outside the Emirates all afternoon watching the games on his phone before slagging them off on camera? ??? :lolol:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
“Maupay is still a cheat.. typical of football cowards”.

Shame we didn’t win. Would have been fun.

[tweet]1396559814508044288[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here